• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great I say.. Hows the interior?
    9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

I'm playing with crayons and markers today. Here's how it would look in that caramel whatever color with the windows and pillars blacked out...

The interior is kinda toast, tho. The hard plastics inside are rotted away. I could easily be swayed to wrap them with vinyl, but on some of it there is literally nothing to wrap ( southern car syndrome ).

Orig picture below if any of you photo-chop guru's want to play along. I'm very torn on the color. But then again, no clue what else it would look good in.

Attached Files

Comment

Going up on a buddy's lift sometime next week for an exploratory. No clue if it's the oil pump cracked or the block. We'll see.

Decided on getting some stock steelies in 15" ( on the hunt, currently. Let me know if you have any for sale) and will color key them to the car. No other rim choice makes sense to me on these cars other than color key, Keystones or Centerlines ( for the coupe ).

If it had the chrome trim for the wood-grain, I'd seriously entertain putting it all back on and making it look somewhat factory. The guy I bought it from pulled it all off, though. ZERO clue where I would get wood-grain trim for a '79 F-body wagon. A longshot, but if anybody here knows or has some, let's talk.

Luggage rack stays.... agreed? ( I'm 50/50 )

Still looking for a front bumper and grille. Neither has to be of great quality. I'm thinking about blasting the bumpers and going with a clean satin aluminum look. Maybe remove bumper shocks and suck them in 2-3 inches to tuck it closer to the body. Ditch the bumper fillers in the process. Agreed?

Comment

I'm going to tell you what you are going to do with that wagon. And you will do it because this idea is so great, you're gonna wonder why you didn't think of it first. It will be huge!

The often mentioned, never imitated...

Attached Files
          1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
          2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

Somehow..... I actually knew this was coming from you. How that unibody car didn't fold in half when they cut out the support behind the rear doors, I'll never know. They had to have put in a frame tie or something.

Comment

Da plane da plane lol. Black out the chrome around the windows and the vertical chrome bar on the back doors but not the parts of the pillars that are painted and see how the tint makes it look. Might even try blacking out all the chrome on the car. Yes, suck in the bumpers and you might even shorten them so they don't stick out on the sides so much. Yeah, that will involve welding but think it'll look much better that way. I think the luggage rack looks ok but black it out too and see how that looks.

Comment

Originally posted by nonstick View Post
                Somehow..... I actually knew this was coming from you. How that unibody car didn't fold in half when they cut out the support behind the rear doors, I'll never know. They had to have put in a frame tie or something.
                Remember, you did the bluesmobile, so you need to follow up with another movie/tv mopar!
                1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
                2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

Working...
                X