Selling my Boattail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my Boattail

Selling a 78 Boattail Diplomat with cold factory air and rare (for Dipi) 360 motor. I bought many years ago from original owner who was in his 90s. I converted lean burn 2bbl to MP electronic and Edelbrock performer intake and 4bbl with correct chick and Ac idle switch. This car runs great and needs nothing. New battery. Seats are clean, no burns, no rips, no stains. Just replaced Headliner as it started to sag. $10k firm. Fly in and drive home. Most likely best Boattail on road today

Attached Files
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

While that is a very nice car.......it ain't no stinkin' boattail!

THIS is a boattail:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...e/1838892.html

http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/l...jectID=4950154

------------------------------------------

This car is presently being offered at auction in Monterey by Mecum, and is currently advertised as a "one-off" custom by Fernandez and Darrin, built for the Paris auto show, as authenticated by "Dutch" Darrin himself!

Let the buyer beware, as that car was built only a few miles from my house, using junkyard parts combining several different vehicles! The body is an Auburn boattail speedster body, but the chassis is a 1936 Packard 8, and the engine is an earlier V12 Packard coupe engine. I only know this because I was personally in contact with the builder of this car; he was Dick Saunders of Rennsselaer, NY, locally known as "The Packard Man", due to his long term affiliation with Packard, and a huge penchant for hot-rodding going back many, many years! Originally, this car was equipped with a Marmon V-16 engine, which Mr. Saunders was very fond of.....but was dissatisfied with performance and the fact that they tended to become noisy after many miles!

Is Mecum known for this sort of out-and-out fraud??????

This car is being fraudulently misrepresented, and should be exposed as such!!! :yeah that:

Comment

Originally posted by R-body_mopar View Post
                This car is presently being offered at auction in Monterey by Mecum, and is currently advertised as a "one-off" custom

Is Mecum known for this sort of out-and-out fraud??????

This car is being fraudulently misrepresented, and should be exposed as such!!! :yeah that:
                Kinda answered your own question there, no? I'd imagine people that know these cars and play at this level know what's what. But then again, if there's somebody out there that can't tell and doesn't read the description of "this is a one-off custom"...... I can't be too sad for dumb people letting money go.

Comment

It is a nice boattail 'M" body but I'd love the have the square tailed version someday. I hope you get what you need for it.
                  "You're only as old as the women you feel."
                  -Groucho Marx
                  Moparless for now

Comment

Working...
                  X