Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been a three year project. It may hit four next year but I hope it will be done by early spring.
    2001.5 Ram 2500 CTD 6 Speed. 2003 PT Cruiser GT. 2005 SRT-4.
    1977 Aspen R/T Super Pack T-Top

Comment

AspenAirA.jpg

I sold about Ten years ago
      My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

Volare Street Kit

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

Volare Brochure

Comment

1980 Roadrunner. I'm the only owner. Purchased new.

Beach 1.jpgInterior 1.jpgSticker.jpg1980 ad.jpg

The car has 46,000 miles on it and I drove all of them. It's been stored every winter except the first one. The story behind buying the care is interesting, too. I was working the service desk at Gary Miller Chrysler-Plymouth during 1980 in Erie, PA. I had graduated from college but couldn't find a job due to the recession. Chrysler was in deep trouble and I got my @$$ beat daily at the service desk over quality issues and customer paranoia about the company going toes up. The new car sales Mgr., Jerry Nadolny, knew I liked this car. It had been sitting on the lot for a while because nobody wanted it. The thing has a V-8. Mileage concerns scared people away. So Jerry has the car parked right in front of the service bay door where I had to look at it every day. This torture went on for months. Finally in November, I talked my wife to be to come look at the car one Friday night. We drove it and she said OK to buy it. I told Jerry I'd stop by the next day, give him the $500 deposit and fill out the paperwork. I get there the next morning and Jerry sold the car to someone else! I was upset. The reason a sales guy would do this is because the car gets sold to me at dealer invoice. The kid who bought certainly agreed to pay more. Nadolny wasn't around so I went looking for the boss, Mr. Miller. He wasn't around so I went to his #1, Jack Dovishaw and calmly registered my complaint. Jack was very silent and listened to every word and promised to look into it. At this point I had given up any hope of buying the car. The next working day, Monday, Jack comes down stairs to inform me the kids credit app had been somehow "denied" and that I could buy the car. Of course I wasted no time and did it very quickly. When the kid came in, he was really ticked because he had stellar credit. Jack and Gary never admitted to playing games on my behalf but I'm sure they did.

Year: 1980

Make: Plymouth

Model: Volare Roadrunner

VIN: HL29 GAG 211999

Fender Tag:
            H42 J88 M25 N98 22
            E56 F18 G01 C02 G67 G77
            EW1 U 3 A57 B41 C16
            EW1 L6M6 000 S20 BS1220
            E44 D32 HL29 GAG 211999

Options:
            A55 - Handling and Performance Package - Firm Feel Power Steering, Heavy Duty Shocks and Suspension.
            R08 - Delete AM Radio
            L6M6 - Bucket Seats, Brushed Aluminum Dash Bezel
            C16 - Console
            B41 - Power Front Disc Brakes
            L34 - Halogen Headlamps
            G01 - Rear Window Defroster - Electric

Standard Volare Roadrunner Equipment:
            Original Spinnaker White Exterior
            Original Red Interior
            Red Pinstripping With Roadrunner Decals
            Red Triangle Spoked Wheels
            Standard 2-Door Hardtop
            Standard 3-Piece Spoiler
            Standard Blacked Out Grill & Headlight Surrounds
            Standard 318 c.i.d. 2-barrel Engine
            Standard A904 Automatic Transmission With Lock-up Converter
            Standard 8 1/4 Rear-End
            Brian T. Zimmer
            1226 Silver Drive
            Erie, PA 16509

Comment

Kool

Comment

Sweet looking RR!! Im kinda partial to the 80s too....LOL
                The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Dodge Aspen R/T Brochure

Comment

Working...
                  X