Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blend Door Motor

Good Day!
    I have an 87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue and have a problem with the blend door motor. From what I have read this is a common problem and the part is difficult to locate. Does anyone know of a source, other than a junk yard, to purchase? The dealer isn't too anxious to help.... Thanks in advance foe help and advice!
    Bill

Blend door motor?

are you talking about this? .... http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...356&cc=1063505

They are available on RockAuto for $26 ea. Look up part #'s 19251552 and 19251553. www.rockauto.com

****update**** I'm an idiot. I was thinking "door" as in the kind you get in and out of, lol. I just woke up, cut me a little slack on this one, lol. Ok, looking for the ACTUAL thing you asked about now. I will post here if/when I find it. Hey, at least you know where to get cheap power window motors for your car now if you need them! :P
    Last edited by nonstick; 07-06-2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...roduct=4393876

dunno that you have a motor. iirc, isn't that vacuum or manual operated?

Comment

Originally posted by WRS2
        Good Day!
        I have an 87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue and have a problem with the blend door motor. From what I have read this is a common problem and the part is difficult to locate. Does anyone know of a source, other than a junk yard, to purchase? The dealer isn't too anxious to help.... Thanks in advance foe help and advice!
        Bill

I did a little more research and found the actual part number and description;part number 3847296 and the description is AC Blend Door Servo ATC. Now, I just need to find one that works...

Comment

Originally posted by WRS2
          Good Day!
          Bill
          Originally posted by WRS2 View Post
          I did a little more research and found the actual part number and description;part number 3847296 and the description is AC Blend Door Servo ATC. Now, I just need to find one that works...
          Welcome to Style, WTS2!!

I actually did replace one of these years ago on a Diplomat police car with ATC, and it was a royal PIA!

As I recall, the actual problem was not the motor itself, it was a connector on the motor that was broken; I repaired that, and replaced the motor at the same time.....as I was NOT going to do that job TWICE......LOL! I think I still have the old motor someplace, and I will try to find it, and see if I can test it for working condition.

Do you have a FACTORY service manual?; it is almost essential to have one of these for testing procedures.

Also, check on www.partsvoice.com

The listing comes up for Collector'sAutoSupply in Wash. State that has 22 of these listed!
          http://collectorsautosupply.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nonstick View Post
            ****update**** I'm an idiot. I was thinking "door" as in the kind you get in and out of, lol. I just woke up, cut me a little slack on this one, lol.
            We...well, I won't argue with that and no, not going to cut you any slack.

Comment

Originally posted by R-body_mopar View Post
              Welcome to Style, WTS2!!

I actually did replace one of these years ago on a Diplomat police car with ATC, and it was a royal PIA!

As I recall, the actual problem was not the motor itself, it was a connector on the motor that was broken; I repaired that, and replaced the motor at the same time.....as I was NOT going to do that job TWICE......LOL! I think I still have the old motor someplace, and I will try to find it, and see if I can test it for working condition.

Do you have a FACTORY service manual?; it is almost essential to have one of these for testing procedures.

Also, check on www.partsvoice.com

The listing comes up for Collector'sAutoSupply in Wash. State that has 22 of these listed!
              http://collectorsautosupply.com/
              R_Body,
              Thanks for the information. I checked out the site and saw they have the part used for 165.00. It's a little pricey for my budget. The car is my daily driver...
              Thanks again,
              Bill

Comment

Working...
              X