X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Code Cuda

Plymouth : Barracuda | eBay

My bud Doug Duell owns this.

He was selling his 2009 Challenger Drag Pack and this guy contacted him about a trade. Dallas looked at this car for Doug when he was going up to Doug's home pick up his Coronet. He told me to buy the car if Doug didn't. The guy who traded for it had a nice home, a nice shop, and a lot of nice cars. He'd owned this car for quite some time.

Doug traded for it -- not so much because he wanted the car, but because he felt it would easier to sell (more interest) the V-Code 4-speed Cuda than the Drag Pack.

It is a nice driver -- and not a trailer Queen, and looks like the car would have in 1972-73 -- IE: the underside is not detailed. The block is properly date coded -- but no numbers stamped on the pad -- typical of a replacement block.

Good, honest 6-pack Cuda if you're looking for one.

It has hit the low reserve -- so it will be sold tomorrow when the auction ends.

I thought I'd mention it if you were looking for a V-Code Cuda, as I knew some of the history and Dallas had inspected. It is at $40,000 right now -- but I would have thought it would be at least $50,000.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Sounds like a really reasonable price. My 71 340 car brought 35k after the guy I sold it to fixed it up some and that was before the prices hit the moon. I sold it to him for 5500 and he kept it for several years. I paid 2500 for it 15 years earlier and it had a rebuilt engine and trans in it. I sold it with junk wheels/tires and kept my Sure Grip (he had to bring his parts to get it home), the interior needed redoing and it needed some body and paint work and the exhaust was shot. He offered 5500 for it and I told him for it to go that low, this is how it would be....

Comment

My brother use to collect V-Code cars -- and these were going for well over $100000 restored a couple of years ago.

Comment

Yea but 40k for an un-restored car with an incorrect engine and the wrong color paint....He is not doing to bad in this market.
        His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
        2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

yup

I agree and why weren't there any underhood pics? A true 440 6 pack owner I think would be proud to show it.
          Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
          "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
          I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

A correct year engine with no numbers isn't unusual for a replacement back then but if he had the paper work to support that, it would be better.....there is an underhood pic but only one.

Comment

6 pack no Steve carbs not beer!

I guess I missed the underhood pic. I'm not meaning to discredit or dishonour the seller either. You say it's there, I'll go look again, thanks cranky.

Comment

Originally posted by Trannyman View Post
                Yea but 40k for an un-restored car with an incorrect engine and the wrong color paint....He is not doing to bad in this market.

It really isn't an incorrect motor, as a datecode dealer replacement. Nothing is on the pad and made would stamp the number on the pad. A whole lot of 70/71 Sixpacks don't have the real motor left in it as not your average guy bought a six-pack, and he wasn't ever easy on them. Fairly typical. My B5 Superbird has a dealer replacement block that is datecoded but not stamped.

The color is Plum Crazy (Inviolet) -- and that is a real popular color for this car -- and someone restoring it would most likely bring back to that color. The color difference on an unrestored car isn't a big deal money wise. It would be if this was a restored car.

I think when you look at other V-Code Cudas in this condition -- you will find that $50,000 is more like it. Just thought I'd mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by BK View Post
                  It really isn't an incorrect motor, as a datecode dealer replacement. Nothing is on the pad and made would stamp the number on the pad. A whole lot of 70/71 Sixpacks don't have the real motor left in it as not your average guy bought a six-pack, and he wasn't ever easy on them. Fairly typical. My B5 Superbird has a dealer replacement block that is datecoded but not stamped.

The color is Plum Crazy (Inviolet) -- and that is a real popular color for this car -- and someone restoring it would most likely bring back to that color. The color difference on an unrestored car isn't a big deal money wise. It would be if this was a restored car.

I think when you look at other V-Code Cudas in this condition -- you will find that $50,000 is more like it. Just thought I'd mention it.
                  You're right about the average guy or average gear head didn't buy these but most who did, didn't really understand mechanics very much and blew them up really fast. That said, there were a few that were bought by gear heads and ran them hard but didn't air them out to the max like the ones who thought they could be run to the moon like some Chevy engines. Also, by 70, Mom was having more than her fair share of warranty work and addressed the problem by building engines with 'better' rods....ie, the way too heavy for the rod bolts rod. This car would have had that engine and they usually blew up even faster than the ones with the LY rods....

Comment

headaches

all these headaches is why I'd rther race than restore. ALL THE headaches that come with restoration is no inway relieved and cost offsetting, thN good run down rhe track resulting in a win ticket.

I'd rather win than have a politically perfect car. Sorry Dave and all.

Comment

It sold for $48,100.

I've had a few 6-packs and nice #3's have always brought $50,000 and restored over $100,000

Comment

I'd say you've got it BK. 6bbl 'cudas are rare and it's not something you see everyday so one that looks good and might have a bit wrong with it would still bring plenty. Could go more if fully restored, but it costs money to restore so...

A few years back I was seeing "driver quality" 6-paks go for around 76, but that is driver quality 6bbl motor 6bbl cars. And a 76 car naturally means driver quality would be eligible to win some shows, but maybe not be the absolute prettiest car more for lack of extra effort than presence of flaws.
                        '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Got really close to what you thought it would BK.

Originally posted by hemisatellite View Post
                          all these headaches is why I'd rther race than restore. ALL THE headaches that come with restoration is no inway relieved and cost offsetting, thN good run down rhe track resulting in a win ticket.

I'd rather win than have a politically perfect car. Sorry Dave and all.
                          Everyone has got their own thing, I used to salivate over factory perfect cars, While I still now give them their respects, Right now I just like having something I can drive the crap out of.
                          His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
                          2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

That car is on its way to Japan -- as that's who won the auction.

A lot of cars are leaving the US. I've sold quite a few that went to England, France, Switzerland, and Norway -- and those are just the ones I know left the US. A lot are bout by CA and NY buyers -- that are buyers/Shippers for out of country buyers. They're going for the more rare muscle cars and convertibles

Comment

Working...
                            X