X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BK
    started a topic Only $280,000 To Open Bid

Only $280,000 To Open Bid

Plymouth : Barracuda - eBay (item 280607244865 end time Jan-12-11 07:08:02 PST)

• projectmopar
    replied
    Originally posted by gn300 View Post
    Is over restored such a bad thing?

Why would you not paint the total underside?

I know the factory stopped but that was because they were saving money on paint and the car was not on a rotisserie to paint it ,sometimes they didn't even bend over yo get the underside of the rocker panels.
    I sold a restored '69-1/2 Six-Pack car to a collector a few years ago and got gigged $$$ for the rear quarter panels being to straight after completed? You never know what some folks are looking at! I needed to move the car and just took the money and ran.....

Leave a comment:

• ~~Mutt~~
    replied
    I think that car would be super hot if it had black interior.... and the correct master cylinder. That one is for a 68 Hemi B body..but a suitable replacement for the E

Leave a comment:

• ronnysplymouth
    replied
    No painting underside is not a bad thing but if you do then you have crossed that line of being a factory correct car and can no longer state it as such.......they are pushing the fact that this car is correct right down to every nut and bolt and the truth is it is just flat over restored..........it is a very nice car though

Leave a comment:

• ~~Mutt~~
    replied
    Well with mine I wanted showroom new..off the assembly line correct.. Thats why the underside wasn't painted.. But yeah.. over restored was what the paint was for sure. No orange peel..ripples hairs ..

Leave a comment:

• gn300
    replied
    Is over restored such a bad thing?

Why would you not paint the total underside?

I know the factory stopped but that was because they were saving money on paint and the car was not on a rotisserie to paint it ,sometimes they didn't even bend over yo get the underside of the rocker panels.

Leave a comment:

• FootBrakeVolare
    replied
    Looks like one of my "divorce sales". lol Judge said sell it and give her half. I put it up for sale and use it till it sells..

Leave a comment:

• ~~Mutt~~
    replied
    Originally posted by ronnysplymouth View Post
    To be such a "correct" car why is the underside of the car fully painted.......thats not "correct"
    I was about to mention that.. Wasted paint.. I bet 60% of that car is Year One..

270SE I haven't seen any originals go for 120-135k in that kind of shape.
    I sold my 4 speed 70 for $200+ back in 2004

Leave a comment:

• ronnysplymouth
    replied
    To be such a "correct" car why is the underside of the car fully painted.......thats not "correct"

Leave a comment:

• 270SE
    replied
    Originally posted by ~~Mutt~~ View Post
    Yeah.. give me 2 of them..

Automatic car won't bring anything near that price.. I say if that car was to hit BJ today... it could fetch maybe 120 to 135.

Nice car though.. Not my cup of tea on the interior color and vinyl roof..
    I haven't seen any originals go for 120-135k in that kind of shape.

It's cheaper than many were a few years ago. The point made is pretty good. They aren't a completely absurd-priced small following based on Chrysler production records alone.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    You can always make an offer ...It's overpriced in my opinion also, but I don't have the means to care for that kind of "investment". In my opinion the 70 Cuda Craze has passed for now, If the seller is correct, it does come with a lot of documentation, It's probably not a bad purchase for a rich guy who wants it for his collection.

Leave a comment:

• ~~Mutt~~
    replied
    Yeah.. give me 2 of them..

Automatic car won't bring anything near that price.. I say if that car was to hit BJ today... it could fetch maybe 120 to 135.

Nice car though.. Not my cup of tea on the interior color and vinyl roof..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X