• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amish Mopar

Amish Mopar
    This is a true story I have to share.
    My brother had a 71 challenger r/t 5 speed that I drove to the Mopar nats a
    couple of years ago. He sold the car to a young guy with more money than brains
    for 60k. That guy ends up owing a 20 something amish roofer 80k for a bunch of
    contract work and talks the kid into taking the challenger as payment. The amish
    kid and his dad have NEVER driven a car before, but the dad likes it so much he
    wants to learn.....shunning be d....d. lol. I'm going to try to get a picture of
    them with a team of horses hitched to the front for a TRUE amish mopar!

Oh man lol. This is a joke, right?

Comment

No, this is not a joke. It's the sad, funny truth. I'm afraid the car will end up next to pile of manure.

Comment

I don't have an account for Fbodies only so ..can't see the pic
        9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Lebanon Levi will end up with it!
          Last edited by gn300; 12-16-2013, 08:49 AM.
          2006 Town@Country loaded

Comment

Originally posted by jasperjacko View Post
            No, this is not a joke. It's the sad, funny truth. I'm afraid the car will end up next to pile of manure.
            I know many Amish folks being from Lancaster County PA (one of their strong holds - farming & tourists). Several Amish friends of the "new sex' (younger generation) that believe in owning motor vehicles have had some interesting race vehicles. A '46 Dodge 1/2 ton pickup with a 440 and 727 was my favorite (ratty looking old truck right off the farm) ran very well in the gas classes at York US 30 when still open. Fun memories of "the hard working class" as they like to be called.
            Mural Persuasion
            "OFFER THE GENTLEMAN A CIGAR, IF HE REFUSES, SHOOT THE SONOFABITCH".
            Mark Twain 1891

Comment

I sold cars in Lancaster co in 89,89 yes the Amish OWNED cars/trucks mostly for business owned by them but put in others names.

Menonites also own cars mostly black with blue interiors then the would paint the bumpers black (no shiny chrome) Hence the local term black bumper Mennonite!
              2006 Town@Country loaded

Comment

Working...
              X