X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trannyman
    started a topic What to look for on an 70 E Body

What to look for on an 70 E Body

A buddy called me with a 70 Cuda he found for sell. 1970 Cuda..
    Originally a 383 auto/air car Plum Crazy. now a 440, and repainted black. He has the original 383 for the car. Knowing this guy it's probably a 2 maybe 2- car. I have never owned an E Body, but what do you look for as potential hidden trouble on these cars. Do the have the same torque box issues with rust? Any other areas to pay special attention to?

It's priced right for a 70 Cuda, I haven't seen it yet as he found it but doesn't want it, just wants a finders fee. I have no problem with that, but he is an appearance guy, if it looks good, it must be good, right?

• 270SE
    replied
    Floor pans, trunk pans, quarters, near windows, and then some. Likely bondo in the quarters/roof. Lines/panels are pretty simple but expensive so bondo is much more common than metal.

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    E body cars command high dollar....even junk ones. 10+ years ago I sold a 70 Barracuda 318 'shell' with a deck lid and that was it for 2000 bucks and I'm talking about nothing else was on the body at all including no suspension what so ever! The floor pans were good but the trunk pan was not but the rest of the car was solid. That same shell would probably bring 5000 now.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Okay, I read it wrong, It's a Plum car, black interior, p/s, p/b auto and air. He says it's a solid #2. Going to talk to him over the phone again Monday when it's in his hands. Those cars seem to go for big money.

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    If it looks good it must be...not always. These things rusted just like all the others depending on where they came from. Corners of the front and rear windows and sometimes bad. Lower quarters....inside the front part of the quarters, door corners, lower front fenders near the doors, inside the cowl areas, around the hood hinges and of course, floors and frame rails. I've bought more E bodys for parts etc and owned many as drivers than any other and well, take a magnet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X