Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 73 Challenger gas fill tube

Hello All -

I've searched hi and low for a gas fill tube for my 73 Challenger, it's missing and I'm in need of one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Originally posted by badcbr
    Hello All -

I've searched hi and low for a gas fill tube for my 73 Challenger, it's missing and I'm in need of one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Excuse my ignorance, but is this the same this as a fuel filler neck?
    2008 Black Jeep Liberty 4x4
    Far from stock

Comment

Originally posted by Gageraid View Post
      Excuse my ignorance, but is this the same this as a fuel filler neck?
      Yup.....

Comment

I wouldn't think of something like this to be that hard to find.
        2008 Black Jeep Liberty 4x4
        Far from stock

Comment

Didn't see one at Year One....I used to have a couple from when I parted cars but just about everything I had for E body cars is gone now.

Comment

Quantum

please look first at our banner advertisor, othewise you can go to your local mom and pop parts store. If you have the ID measurement, they sell by the foot hopefully and get you on your way for $6 or less. Never mind me for offering this advice if you HAVE TO HAVE Mopar numbers on it like the last guy that caused a ruckus and finally opened his trunk and found a brand new one in original plastic even after he ignored all the help I tried to offer. NO, I'm not mentioning names, but WHY come here and ask for help just to diss the help you get?
            Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
            "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
            I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

He wants a steel fuel filler tube that his gas cap screws on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Classic Cars Plus Parts - Challenger Fuel Fill Tube 1972 1973 1974 Dodge Challenger 340
              Eastern Washington desert rat......The dry side of the state

Comment

Yeah, you don't want to use a rubber hose as a replacement for that. Anything that's a bit heavy in the trunk that might move could easily take out a rubber hose.....

Comment

if you don't need a brand new one, call Clay Kossuth 636-257-4669
                  www.diamondbackengines.com Yes we're still open

Comment

nope

ain'tettin in on this one. The last time I gave a good cure on this, seeme he wantd to fight me about it and I got blocked too. He coulda been fixed in hours instead of days if he woulda taken inti my advice.

You learn here who to give help to, and who not to.

Comment

Originally posted by hemisatellite View Post
                      ain'tettin in on this one. The last time I gave a good cure on this, seeme he wantd to fight me about it and I got blocked too. He coulda been fixed in hours instead of days if he woulda taken inti my advice.

You learn here who to give help to, and who not to.
                      ??? Are you familiar with the fill tube on a Challenger? It's pretty long (probably about 30") and made of steel and goes through the trunk from the quarter panel to the tank and it needs to be steel, especially if you're going to put anything in the trunk. Also, the stock fill tube has the flange on the end that bolts to the quarter panel which also has the fit for the gas cap to screw onto. IMO, even though it may not be the quickest way to fix the problem, the best and easiest way to fix this is to have the stock fill tube in place. I've done a lot of 'shade tree' work on many cars over the years and I believe this one needs to be done as the way it came from the factory....

Comment

a few

yes DJ I HAVE fixed a few too, my own and others too. I'm aware of the angles and have had success with my method as well, not only on MOPAR but other makes and models too. The only reason I can see to fret about it is as a 100% collector wanting the original part number on it.
                        I'm done commenting on this subject, I offered a solution, a simple solution, and others made it into some kinda big deal, it was a SIMPLE fix!

Comment

Fuel Filler neck

have u tried For E bodies only website
                          there seem to be quite a few classifieds and members with plenty of parts to sell
                          I'll ask my e body buddies if anyone has a spare -Try ebay?
                          good luck

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Comment

This is a part I'd hit a Chrysler-specific parter up for like Clay. By the time you get it pulled, shipped, and picked up it'd be less than new and probably better after some good cleaning.
                            '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Working...
                            X