Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	267009 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	267010 So I wanted to put swinging bed saddle bags in my 2017 Dually Crewcab with an 8' bed. I saw five different brands, all looking to be from the same China manufacturer - but rebranded, saying they fit 2002-2018 Dodge/Ram 1500/2500/3500. Four said that "Except Dually Beds", and one didn't.

I bought the one that didn't say that, feeling like they were the least honest, but they were the cheapest.

Well, if you are handy, you can make them fit with cutting off the rear bed hold down loops, trim the bottom if brackets, slot the fastener screw holes and space them out with another set of nuts. Took me about four hours coming up with the process in 100+ degree Texas Sun, which slowed be down, for just the driver's side - but 30 minutes for the passenger side. I have a metal roll up tonneau, so the spacing to clear floor, wheel Hump and tonneau top is critical. I mounted the bracket 3" (the third time) off the floor.

The driver's side covers the 5th wheel plug, but it can be used by swinging the saddlebag out. I seldom 5th wheel tie currently so its no big deal to me. However if you 5th wheel/gooseneck tow a lot, you might want to only buy a passenger side bag.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"
Working...
X