Looking into an early 2000s 1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking into an early 2000s 1500

Prefer a 4x4, but the 318 will be better on gas. Are there any known issues? Our last Chrysler product was a minivan, and it had all sorts of issues, not the least of which was the electronic transmission. I need a robust vehicle, and the 727/904 Torqueflite was gravity level reliable. Are modern Dodge truck transmissions that Good?

Floor's open.

My brother can afford any truck he wants - but he's pushing 20 years with his 2000. I had a 2004 3500 Dually 4x4 and my son a 2003 1500, but both were stick shifts. I drive a 2017 3500 Dually and love it.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Wife can't drive a stick, so it'll have to be an automatic transmission....

Comment

My brother's is an automatic, as is my new one - albeit the new ASIN transmission. I really think the autos are a good transmission. I had a 99 Durango 4x4 with a 360Magnum for years and it was a great SUV. I'm sure same transmission.
        Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
        Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
        Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Found one with 270k for 1400. Seems like a lot of miles. Specially with no maintenance docs. I obsessively maintain the Crown Vic and its transmission just made 285k before it let go. I'm a State employee and don't have deep pockets for a new vehicle. NOT wanting to buy the truck just to immediately burn $600+ for a front end then $2500 for a trans. I drive for my job. A lot.

Comment

Update. Found a 2002 1500 Extra Cab (?). 140k showing and $600 Is the asking price. AC may just be low, previous owner said it works and the compressor spins.

Comment

Working...
            X