X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forge ahead........

Made a little progress this weekend.

Peter
    '65 Chrysler 300 vert 413/4spd ; '69 Monaco 500 318/727 ; '69 Monaco 3-seat wagon 383HP/727

I see you got the stereo installed in the back there!!:clapping:

Comment

Originally posted by hemibee68 View Post
      I see you got the stereo installed in the back there!!:clapping:

Well once the back seat is in you won't be able to see it anymore:ROFLMAO:
      Peter
      '65 Chrysler 300 vert 413/4spd ; '69 Monaco 500 318/727 ; '69 Monaco 3-seat wagon 383HP/727

Comment

Looks perdy good to me!
        Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
        "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
        I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

My dream car is a 300L vert 4-speed
          Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
          Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
          Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Making good progress on a cool project.

Comment

Very cool! I picked up a 4-spd. pedal set-up for my '65 300 a while back and am hoping to get an 833 or the new Passon 5-spd. in there. It's good to see there's more people seeing the beauty in these big 'ol C-Bods.

Comment

Finally it's starting to come together for me. Motor should be ready in the next 10 days after waiting 8 weeks for pistons. We are putting in an XE268H as well. In preparation, I got some small parts ready. Never dealt with powdrecoat before, but it sure comes out awesome.

Here is a before shot of the under-hood.

And here are some parts after a trip to the powdercoater. That fan and shroud haven't looked that good since the day it left the factory.

And since paint is scheduled for next month, it was time to drill a hole in the rear quarter for the antenna. Yeah, I know it's not original, but it works for me. The body guy is going to weld in a plug on the front quarter where the old antenna was.

Peter

Comment

Very cool indeed! Keep the progress pics coming.

Comment

The powder coating looks excellent, what color do you call that? Nice project.
                    1975 Charger SE E68 323
                    1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
                    1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
                    1979 Magnum XE 360-4

Comment

Originally posted by Dobaroy View Post
                      The powder coating looks excellent, what color do you call that? Nice project.

The powdercoat is semi-gloss black.

Her heart is gone........so now I can finish the firewall

But the new one will be ready for paint tomorrow

Peter

Comment

8 weeks?

Originally posted by 300rag View Post
                        Finally it's starting to come together for me. Motor should be ready in the next 10 days after waiting 8 weeks for pistons. We are putting in an XE268H as well. In preparation, I got some small parts ready. Never dealt with powdrecoat before, but it sure comes out awesome.

Here is a before shot of the under-hood.

And here are some parts after a trip to the powdercoater. That fan and shroud haven't looked that good since the day it left the factory.

And since paint is scheduled for next month, it was time to drill a hole in the rear quarter for the antenna. Yeah, I know it's not original, but it works for me. The body guy is going to weld in a plug on the front quarter where the old antenna was.

why so long getting the pistons?
                        Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                        "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                        I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Originally posted by hemisatellite View Post
                          why so long getting the pistons?
                          Trying to get pistons for a 413 that don't come from China takes awhile. We had to wait for them to be made.

First coat of paint is done. Don't shoot!! I know it's supposed to be turquoise. It should be in the car tomorrow.

Peter

Comment

Pretty cool.. Bet your excited for sure !!
                            9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Originally posted by 300rag View Post
                              First coat of paint is done. Don't shoot!! I know it's supposed to be turquoise. It should be in the car tomorrow.

If it can go wrong, it will. Last minute decision to put on a new Eddy carb made more work. The freshly cleaned and painted intake has bores too small for the Eddy. We pulled the intake off the 440 and it's out to get cleaned and then repainted. That will be ready in the morning. Also threw a pertronix at him. He did a good job of engine bay clean-up today though.

Before:

After:

Almost ready to go in:

Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X