X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-body one of "Six best TV cop cars"

Six of the best TV cop cars

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/...ntcmp=features

And yipee....the author picked up on the "Malaise Era" tag.

I wonder when the malaise era in lazy reporting will end?
    WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Cool, but they didn't say anything about the C body 69? Monaco/Polara that was the fastest copcar for decades, and may still be.

You sencond question? Who knows.....

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by DynoDave
      Six of the best TV cop cars

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/...ntcmp=features

And yipee....the author picked up on the "Malaise Era" tag.

I wonder when the malaise era in lazy reporting will end?
      I had two of the St. Regis E58 360 copcars, and, in my opinion, they were the best handling of ALL Mopars, except for possibly the '79 300.....NOT the fastest cars in the world, but they did handle well!! Most all of the others Mopars sucked when it came to handling!
      I'm not sure just how Richard Petty kept any of them on the track.....!

Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
      Cool, but they didn't say anything about the C body 69? Monaco/Polara that was the fastest copcar for decades, and may still be.

You second question? Who knows.....
      Bill, I worked for a Mopar dealership back then, and we serviced the local NYSP barracks for all maintenance/warranty work....those C-body 440's were awesome; we used to drag race them into the garage at closing time, because they did NOT want them to be outdoors at night, if they had to stay overnignt!! Those were the good old days!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post

You sencond question? Who knows.....
        Yeah, like most lists, it's a little suspect (no Police pun intended).

Personally, I could not make a list like this without including Steve McGarrett's black Mercury.

WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Saaayyy whaaaat!!?

Comment

Someone left out the best of the best on that list... What about the Savoy's used in Car 54 Where Are You? That was my fav growing up..Officer Muldoon...Black an white shows until Mom got a 13 inch color TV.. But those cars were da bomb.. Gonna have to google the car up..I recall it was red with black?? or all red?? Then on a different channel..Herman Munster... He was cool..

My dad was pit crew...well...air in the tire checker for Jimmy Pardue....Car 54... Untill he crashed an got killed testing tires..
            9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

The Shat (TJ Hooker) drove a 76-78 Fury much like Roscoe from what I remember.
                Hill Street Blues used the St. Regis.
                Roscoe drove a Bluesmobile in early episodes also a Matador at some point too.
                The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
                Ronald Reagan

Comment

The only cars I remember from Hill Street Blues are Monacos. I had a '77 Royal Monaco Brougham at the time the show was on the air, so it made a positive impression on me. I always loved this opening photo.

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Working...
                  X