My 1973 Dodge Polara

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1973 Dodge Polara

An unrestored, 29k mile, 400 2bbl car. Still had bias ply tires when I bought it!

Welcome to Style, General Mopars!

Nice car!

Are you located in New York? Those are some clean cars for the "salt belt"!

Comment

Yep, I'm right here in The NYC. This Polara came from Iowa, the Magnum is from Tennessee and the Monaco spent half its life in Utah, but you can still find clean cars in this part of the country. Fortunately, these all survived Hurricane Sandy.

Comment

Dang nice!

Comment

Staten Island?

Comment

Nope, Bronx. I'm seeing a heartbreaking number of classics from Staten Island that were just destroyed from the storm. A buddy of mine lost nine beautiful cars out there.

Comment

Originally posted by General Mopars View Post
              Nope, Bronx. I'm seeing a heartbreaking number of classics from Staten Island that were just destroyed from the storm. A buddy of mine lost nine beautiful cars out there.
              Battered to bits? Flood damage wouldn't be bad except the car's value gets flushed. But they can be brought back, the end result of the damage is about where most restorations start anyway.
              '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Storm surge flooding is usually much different than just rising water flooding and it beats everything to hell. If you're lucky enough to be inland far enough to get away from the effects of the front line surge, then the water beating everything to hell isn't so pronounced. I've been the victim of rising water flooding 3 times and even that is no fun but at least the water didn't have the wave effect (no high winds) and I didn't lose too much. I put my cars up on stands and the tires didn't even get wet but man, it made a mess of everything that wasn't up on blocks and canned goods!

Comment

Nice car. I had a new 73 Chrysler that color.

Comment

Cool!

Comment

That is nice right there.It would be hard for me to not enhance it!
                      ------------------------------------------------
                      Freedom of speech is an illusion

Comment

Working...
                      X