70 Polara Convertible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 Polara Convertible

I am bringing a 70 ragtop home on Sat sometime. I have not seen the car in person but it belonged to a cousin of mine so we did a swap.
    I know for sure it is missing the grill and one arm rest, but it does have a new gas tank, brakes, and comes with a 318 and bucket seats. As you can see from the back bumper it has the stamp in it so it was made pre August.
    From what my cousin says it has already had new floors put in and most of the major body work has been done. He has pulled the windshield out so I can fix the cowl and channel.
    Hope you like the pics, I will post some more when I get it home.
    From what people are telling me this is a very rare car with under 900 built

842 to be exact. That stamp in the bumper was for the medallion something or other. More rarity.

Depending on date of production, you may have one of the last C body/full size convert's ever made. Nice, huh?

Pics..... we want more pics and details. Orig color? Fender tag? Document this sucker.
    Last edited by nonstick; 04-30-2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Awesome! That's cars I like!
      Last edited by Magnumguy; 05-01-2012, 01:05 PM. Reason: added stuff

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Nice car. Love to see it all restored.

Comment

should be a fun project....keep us posted
          340 Swinger

Comment

nice

that's already a slick looking ride! I'm sure you'll not do anything but make it even more nice, keep us filled in! good luck and speak up if myself or anybody can help out, I think you found a rare ride!
            Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
            "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
            I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Thanks guys I will keep in touch. When the car gets home I will take some engine and interior shots and post them.
              Cheers Don

Comment

Originally posted by CRZNYT View Post
                Thanks guys I will keep in touch. When the car gets home I will take some engine and interior shots and post them.
                Cheers Don

Don, the Fratzog bumper was installed on cars up until early September.

I first learned of your car in 2004, the last digits of your VIN are 6999 ( which tells me the car probably has a build date of around Aug 20th 1969) and your car is the fourth 70 polara convertible listed in the registry. I dont know much else other than it is a G code which means it is a 318 car, and was in Canada in 2004 and again seen in 2011.

There were 842 built in 1970 and within my lifetime I have located less than 80. I'd like to get a full fender tag photo of this car for the files......

Dave
                1970 Polara convertible 383
                1970 Polara convertible 440
                1971 Polara Brougham 440

Comment

71 Polara pm sent.

Comment

Originally posted by CRZNYT View Post
                    71 Polara pm sent.
                    Got it, I Pm'd you in return..........Part of that PM content....

' I never put together a web site, I have talked about it for years and perhaps now that the kids are almost grown I will soon find the time. Frankly it is somewhat embarrassing that I havent put one together.

They are rare, a fellow that had his for a very long time once threw the number out there that less than 100 still exist and that is the generally accepted number, however I like to believe there may be a few more than that.'
                    1970 Polara convertible 383
                    1970 Polara convertible 440
                    1971 Polara Brougham 440

Comment

Working...
                    X