66-67 Chargers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66-67 Chargers

some feel the that the first of the Charger were the best. This discussion is is about anything having to do with tbose cars.

Photos, news, history, opinions, brochures or anything else having to do with them.

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Of the 2, I think the '67 is the better car. I'd love to find one that hasn't been too molested over the years, but then I have to win the lottery first (or have a couple of senior relatives pass).
    "You're only as old as the women you feel."
    -Groucho Marx
    Moparless for now

Comment

why is the 67 better than a 66?

I had a 67 but always thought that there wasn't any difference
      My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

There are subtle differences.
        The '66 had a full length console, the '67 was shorter.
        The upholstery was stitched differently:
        There were IIRC some federally mandated safety differences (collapsible steering column comes to mind)

1967 Interior:

1966 Interior:

Really a matter of opinion as to which is better, My preference is toward the '67 as you could actually seat 5 with the front seat armrest put up and the back seat is also easier to get in and out of. The vertical stitching appeals to me more than the horizontal.

That said I wouldn't turn down a '66.
        -Groucho Marx
        Moparless for now

Comment

Well I learned something new

Comment

1967 Charger ad

Comment

Dusty Rose

Comment

-Groucho Marx
                Moparless for now

Comment

Working...
                X