Nash Metropolitan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nash Metropolitan

I remember years ago in the late 60's when I was still a kid, Dad came upon a couple old Metro's. He worked them both up into 2 little good ole cars. Both were convertibles (removeable hard top whatever) were fun to drive and went what seemed like hundreds of miles on a gallon of gas.

the fun part was, the only thing the key did was unlock the ignition switch, if it was unlocked all ya hadda do was turn the big plastic knob around it and it would start!!! mom and dad were out one nite and found out I knew about the switch because they hadda come pick up the car and me from the cops because at 11 years old, I got caught out driving it!!!!

I'd even be inclined to buy another one of those little cars if I ever found a good one.
    Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
    "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
    I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

So this means you are looking for one?
    '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

buy one?

Originally posted by 270SE View Post
      So this means you are looking for one?
      I WOULD be inclined to buy one at a favourable price if it DID NOT need lots of impossiblr to repair work. YES they were neat little cars. One sold close to me here at auction about 3 years ago, it was IMMACULATE and only brought $3200

Comment

A family friend who owned a Chrysler dealership took one of them in as a trade in when I was a kid. Came really close to buying that car. Oddi squeezed a himi into a Austin A so maybe.......

Comment

My wife has one, a 61 hardtop with 121,000 miles. She doesn't drive it much, but it always gets a lot of attention at shows even tho it is in #3 or 4 condition.
          "Semper ubi sub ubi"

Comment

Metropolitan

This is the Metropolitan that God might choose to drive...

David

Comment

There's many verses in the Bible about God's fury.....no mention about any Nash Cool Nash tho!
              Last edited by Cranky; 03-30-2011, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Aw ta heck wi tho's baby playaws. We had the REAL thing

Yes, the original upside bathtub itself, a 1954 Nash ambassador resplete with the optional PITA "continental tire kit" and no power anything, including possibly the engine.

Ours had a defect in the right rear door, so it stayed closed and locked, once you got it that way, "forever." As the oldest kid, it was my job to open the rear door for "the girls."

Now, I had heard an inCREDIBLY poetic phrase that simply rolled off the lips. I spose at my young age, I knew it was somehow wrong, but wasn't sure. I don't know where I heard it, probably from my very own Dad.

So one muddy spring Sunday, we got home from church, about which I of course had no say, and I carefully got out in my "Sunday best" in the quarter inch of mud on the driveway.

My oldest sister slid out, jumped to the ground, and landed perfectly flat footed, splashing my laborously shined shoes and clean pants.

So I got out the magic phrase, it seemed like now was the time.

"Well, you little bastard!", I exclaimed.

So I can still remember the beating I got that day, and no fried chicken dinner, either.

I still hate that car to this day.

Had the "hydramatic", and you started it by pulling the shift knob up towards the steering wheel. Gas filler was under the top half of one of the tail lamps. Best part of the whole thing was the reclining seats and the radio.

Took 40 acres to turn around, and about 10 just to parallel park it. My Dad cussed the "Continental tire kit" from the second day he owned it to well after he got rid of it.

Just exactly like this little piggy here:

Last edited by 440roadrunner; 03-30-2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

LOL! I used to wonder who in their right mind would buy one of those....even had that thought when I was a kid!

Comment

Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
                    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
                    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Originally posted by BK View Post

Looks Identical to the one my dad had when I was a kid!!!! thanks:clapping:

Comment

Working...
                      X