X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierre Cardin Javelin

Pierre Cardin Javelin

Posted on July 3, 2012
    I would like to trade for a Pierre Cardin Javelin. 70s Disco Funk at its best!
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

The only special Jav I am familiar with was the Mark Donahue special. A friend of mine had one back in high school. Classy car with some pep, but not a stump puller.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumper View Post
        The only special Jav I am familiar with was the Mark Donahue special. A friend of mine had one back in high school. Classy car with some pep, but not a stump puller.

An old girlfriend of mine bought a 1970 6 cylinder Hornet brand new, and it was a POS; she sold it for almost what she bought it for, and bought a Mark Donohue Javelin with 390, 4 speed, and Go-package; that car was nice, and a dream to drive; handling was superb, but really no match for my 1970 Olds 442 W-30 4 speed................

Comment

I am recalling the Donahue special with a 360ci. Maybe they made different versions?
          My buddies was automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumper View Post
            I am recalling the Donahue special with a 360ci. Maybe they made different versions?
            My buddies was automatic.

It seems like the original Mark Donohue version is pretty hard to document; they seem to have been made by dealers, individuals, everybody! Nothing in the VIN to designate a Donohue version.

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/feature...n-amc-javelin/

Comment

It was probably just an appearance package of some sort. Seems like I even recall a Mark Donahue signature decal on the car. His car was a classy burgandy color with matching burgandy interior. Of course to be a true representation of the Trans Am car it would need to be the 304ci motor.

Comment

Working...
              X