Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'73-76 A-Body with Big Block 727 cross member issue??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '73-76 A-Body with Big Block 727 cross member issue??

Having issues with my automatic transmission cross member/tranny mount (spool) in my '73 Duster. I have motor all bolted in (big block K-member with spool mounts) and I am about a 1/2" short of being able to put bolt in the spool mount in the cross member.

Anybody got any pictures or ideas as to why I am that far off??

I have a picture, but no hosting site for the picture to be able to post it here so you can see the dilemma!! Working on that!!!

I appreciate the help/comments/pictures!!!
    GOD's Blessings,
    David

Free resources to help you share your faith!
    www.pocketpower.org/187784

The only thing I could think of (and I don't even know if it's possible) is that maybe they are really close to being the same and you have the left on the right and vice versa. or you have the motor mount on the wrong side of the castings coming out the side of the block. Those castings that protrude and you bolt the mounts too are about 1/2 inch thick. Maybe you have them on the back side instead of the front side of those .......... If that's even possible. I have never installed spool mounts. so again I don't even know if it's possible to have them reversed some way.
    His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
    2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

Thanks, I'll have to double-check that...thought I had double-triple checked that, but you never know!!!
      Thanks again!!
      GOD's Blessings,
      David

Free resources to help you share your faith!
      www.pocketpower.org/187784

Comment

Working...
      X