Front Disc Brakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Disc Brakes

Does anybody have an Early Kelsey Hayes Front disc set up they want to come off of?
    I have a 71 Dart w 9" drums it now sports a 400 ci.An I just put New rubber under it 4" bolt circle.I know I know I sort of stuck myself.I've seen the Wilwood etc kits .A little more than I want to spend right now.
    I have A 340 Duster with the Kelsey Hayes system it stops fine.Even At Lake Land (Those that have raced there Know what I'm talkin about).

How fast is your car at the track? Never been to Lakeland but the old Houston International had a very short shut down and once the Top Fuel class started getting some good MPH (275 iirc), they quit running there because they couldn't stop even with shutting down early. I ran there for years on drums and my fastest car was a high 10 second road runner with 11" all the way around and could take the 1st turn off if I needed to. The track only had that one turn off and the last one being the end of the track lol. Anyways, a real cheap way to improve your braking is to get rid of the 9" and put 10" on it. There's always someone going to disc brakes and you could probably get the 10" setup for nearly nothing....and they would make a huge difference and will open the door wider for a better selection of shoes. Also, you might check out this site: http://www.musclecarbrakes.com/ Drums can work very well if you use the right parts.

Comment

I've got a set, but not sure exactly how complete it is - but I'll check in the next couple of days. I converted my Demon when it was restored and let you have the setup cheap. But don't know what shipping will cost - where are you located?
      The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
      ~Ted Nugent

Comment

Originally posted by Old_Demon View Post
        I've got a set, but not sure exactly how complete it is - but I'll check in the next couple of days. I converted my Demon when it was restored and let you have the setup cheap. But don't know what shipping will cost - where are you located?
        There's a Lakeland Drag Strip in Lakeland FL and there used to be another track with the same name in TN but I think that one has been closed since 79.....

Comment

Originally Posted by Cranky
          There's a Lakeland Drag Strip in Lakeland FL and there used to be another track with the same name in TN but I think that one has been closed since 79.....

Yeah.. But the one in Tn ...if you had braking issues..you would plow through the forest.. or today I think you would smash into Sears.. That place was scary.. almost as bad as Shuffletown just out side of Charlotte.. Raced there 3 times back in 77 with a stock 1977 Olds 442...

Lakeland Motorsports Fl has pretty good stopping....for an 1/8 mile...Even better for the mud drags.. Really depends on how fast for Lakeland Fl.. Haven't raced there since 1987.. Thinking about going to the truck drags next month there..
          9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Originally posted by ~~Mutt~~ View Post
            Originally Posted by Cranky

Yeah.. But the one in Tn ...if you had braking issues..you would plow through the forest.. or today I think you would smash into Sears.. That place was scary.. almost as bad as Shuffletown just out side of Charlotte.. Raced there 3 times back in 77 with a stock 1977 Olds 442...

Lakeland Motorsports Fl has pretty good stopping....for an 1/8 mile...Even better for the mud drags.. Really depends on how fast for Lakeland Fl.. Haven't raced there since 1987.. Thinking about going to the truck drags next month there..
            What?

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
            ~Ted Nugent

Comment

OP was talking about brakes and a certain strip.. I just threw in a couple extra tid bits about the one track in Tn with the same name.....which looks like just a bunch of rubble from the google map and u tube vid
              i saw of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8w4lsivbcI
              9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Originally posted by Old_Demon View Post
                What?
                I highlighted it and was able to read it, otherwise it is almost invisible. What color did you use to type?

~Ted Nugent

Comment

Working...
                X