Hillside find in tha Austin desert!!!......68 GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillside find in tha Austin desert!!!......68 GT

I juss got back from Austin Tx wit my newest and nexest project.....A 68 dart GT, v8, std shift car....Car iz strait az any I've seen that haz been set'in on tha side ov a hill for at leest 10 yeerz!!!.....I spot'd this car from My buddiesback porch, and could never go check it out, kuz it wuz on private property, and wuz posted.....I haven't been to Chris's for at leest 10 yeerz, and back then we both raced our drag boats, and tested in Lake Travis.....Well, just last week, I git a fone call that the realator that sell'in tha land wanted the car GONE!!...So, my buddy told him he knew sumbody thet would take it off hiz hands!!!.....I had to deliver tha Roadrunner I had had for 3 yeers to Dallas, so I would be return'in with an empty trailer.....Soooo, after sum plan'in, I went to visit my ole bud, and load up tha ole dart!!!....Chris toll me tha body wuz strate, but it wuz full ov junk(trash)....Well, when I got to it, that trash turned out to be all tha parts that were miss'in!!!....it wuz ALL there!!.....Anyhow....I'm chomp'in at tha bitz to git started on it, but gotta finish tha lil caravan first!!....Heerz a couple pics....

Nice find......but NO TITLE??

Are you sure that's a '68? What's the VIN???

Comment

68 grill and front end but the left rear quarter panel says it's a 69 unless someone replaced the 1/4 with a 69 panel. For me to buy anymore cars without a title, it's going to have to be pretty nice to make me want to go through the hassle of getting one....

Comment

Cool find TRex!

Cranky, the state is so desperate for money you can get a tittle for anything with just an inspection sticker, insurance and a phone call. Only thing you have to worry about is to make sure it's not stolen if you buy it without a title. (not saying this car is). State is going to hit you pretty good in fees but you can have a title too easily in my opinion.
        His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
        2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

I've done a few years back and yeah, it was very easy but I guess the stars didn't align for me the last time I tried it. What's the phone call about?

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
            68 grill and front end but the left rear quarter panel says it's a 69 unless someone replaced the 1/4 with a 69 panel. For me to buy anymore cars without a title, it's going to have to be pretty nice to make me want to go through the hassle of getting one....
            I've done a few years back and yeah, it was very easy but I guess the stars didn't align for me the last time I tried it. What's the phone call about?
            Heck. I am confused now.

I find it easier just to hire a person with experience sometimes to get the job done easier and cheaper than I could do it myself. The phone call for me is to a title company who will do all the leg work and standing in the lines, dealing with the morons at the DMV, etc.
            His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
            2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

Tha car haz 2 dash;s in it...One iz a 68, and the other iz a 69!!!...Good eye Trannyman, tha front ends and doors iz a 68, and tha rear ov tha car iz 69.....Not title, but I know sumbody that kan make it happen if need be!!!....Mite juss wind up wit my brothers hemi in it, and make a hemo clone!!!.......Oh, car ain't stolen, dat wuz a sur shot fo I loaded it on tha trailer!!!.....

Comment

Good eye Trannyman?? Heck, R-body is the one that brought up the question about it being a 68 or not....

Comment

Good eye Trannyman?? Heck, R-body is the one that brought up the question about it being a 68 or not....
                  Picky, picky, picky. lol
                  The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
                  ~Ted Nugent

Comment

dern...get a little credit and it gets shot down
                    2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

Well, exkuze dah hell outta me......Sorry R-body, didn't meen ta sweep ya comment under tha rug...Trannyman spot'd tha difference in tha marker lights, and I figger my response answer'd both ya'll questionz!!!.....I honestly didn't thank ole Cranky would unnerstand nut'in I said anyway...:ROFLMAO:...... Trannyman, did U git my PM about tha width ov tha front axel on tha van???...it wuz 68 1/2" outside ov tar ta outside ov tar../.3 1/2" weldwheels wit M/T frontrunners....

Comment

Originally posted by Old_Demon View Post
                        Picky, picky, picky. lol
                        Hell yeah!

Originally posted by T-REX View Post
                        Well, exkuze dah hell outta me......Sorry R-body, didn't meen ta sweep ya comment under tha rug...Trannyman spot'd tha difference in tha marker lights, and I figger my response answer'd both ya'll questionz!!!.....I honestly didn't thank ole Cranky would unnerstand nut'in I said anyway...:ROFLMAO:...... Trannyman, did U git my PM about tha width ov tha front axel on tha van???...it wuz 68 1/2" outside ov tar ta outside ov tar../.3 1/2" weldwheels wit M/T frontrunners....
                        Trannyman must have sent you a telepathic message then because I don't see any post where he mentions the side marker lights....read post #3. Wat chu ben smokin boooy??

Comment

got that telapathc message Trex... tanks a lot. van is lookin good. i tinks u need to give crankster a ride in it.
                          2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

Yeah....give credit where credit's due!! And we still haven't seen a VIN #!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trannyman View Post
                              got that telapathc message Trex... tanks a lot. van is lookin good. i tinks u need to give crankster a ride in it.
                              Don't neeed n e ride n no van......

Comment

Working...
                              X