1974 Plymouth Scamp Interchange?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1974 Plymouth Scamp Interchange?

I posted a vin question on this '74 Scamp and you folks were so helpful I was hoping You might be able to tell me if this '74 Scamp (exterior lens) is interchangeable with the Dodge Dart/Swinger or a Valiant. I know these are A bodies but i cannot find anyone anywhere with Scamp taillight or side marker lights. I was hoping the Dart or Valiants would interchange as those seem to be abundant. I dont mind aftermarket or even used as long as they are not cracked/damaged. Hell I'm almost to the point of...red duct tape...
    I know its probably a no brainer but this is my project baby and of course want to get it as good as new, or better and this is one of the last hangups. If you folks can direct me to a parts or private outlet I would be grateful. At this point any news is good news!
    Thank you,
    lostfuzzy1
    1974 Plymouth Scamp

The Valiant and Dart 4 door should interchange but they have a different look but should fit. Never did an actual swap tho but the body styles are similar. The Dart Sports are totally different as it has a body style like a Duster.

Comment

For '74 Darts and Valiants used the same sheet metal in 2 and 4 doors. Can't remember whether the Scamp lights/front clip are like a Brougham or Swinger.

Pretty sure the Brougham 4 door Valiant taillights will be the same. '74-6 they got fairly lazy on the redesigns, so it's possible multiple years work if you find some cheap enough to try out.

So now the next person answering this can say whether they know of a good parts source for '74-6 Scamp/Brougham tail lights.
      Last edited by 270SE; 11-26-2012, 08:10 PM.
      '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Originally posted by lostfuzzy1
        I posted a vin question on this '74 Scamp and you folks were so helpful I was hoping You might be able to tell me if this '74 Scamp (exterior lens) is interchangeable with the Dodge Dart/Swinger or a Valiant. I know these are A bodies but i cannot find anyone anywhere with Scamp taillight or side marker lights. I was hoping the Dart or Valiants would interchange as those seem to be abundant. I dont mind aftermarket or even used as long as they are not cracked/damaged. Hell I'm almost to the point of...red duct tape...
        I know its probably a no brainer but this is my project baby and of course want to get it as good as new, or better and this is one of the last hangups. If you folks can direct me to a parts or private outlet I would be grateful. At this point any news is good news!
        Thank you,
        lostfuzzy1
        1974 Plymouth Scamp

I do not think the Valiant/Scamp taillight lense interchange with the Dodge Dart, but the side markers may be the same.

You might find some information or pictures here:

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/library.shtml

Click on the various years/models, and search away!

Also, there are still some Factory Parts Catalogs out there, sometimes on Ebay, and they are a great souce of information and illustrations....also, look for a Factory Service Manual for your year car, 1974! They are sometimes cheap, and well worth the money!!

If you have the factory part numbers from the factory manual.....you can do a google search for that number, or go to someplace like www.partsvoice.com to find dealers that may have some NOS parts still on the shelf.....1974 is NOT that old!

Comment

Working...
        X