Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge makes the fastest Sedan ever

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/T...cat-2014-08-14

I think I'm the only one who likes the new front end! I would love to have one of these.
    The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

With 707hp, I wouldn't mind it either....

Comment

I don't hate the front end....just don't like 4 door sedans. Build a 2 door and I might buy one but I sure won't buy it in a 4 dr version.

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
          I don't hate the front end....just don't like 4 door sedans. Build a 2 door and I might buy one but I sure won't buy it in a 4 dr version.
          What Cranky said. Real Chargers still have only 2 doors.
          Paul, aka 'zij576ca'
          Lifer #49
          Member & webmaster, The Mopar Club of San Diego

Comment

I would drive it. Mopar TTF!!!
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by zij576ca View Post
              What Cranky said. Real Chargers still have only 2 doors.
              That's what I have always said. Wish they would have called it something else. But I'm sure the name sells
              The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

You should all become Chevy owners. You whine just like them

Comment

Originally posted by Castle50 View Post
                  You should all become Chevy owners. You whine just like them
                  HEY HEY HEY NOW........thems fightin words.
                  That's like ........wow.......low blow.......

LOL...
                  The Ultimate Mopar Fan

Comment

Want 2 doors buy a challenger...simple fix!
                    2006 Town@Country loaded

Comment

i have no idea why anyone would want a fast FOUR DOOR car. its plain stupid, are you trying to impress the milfs at your kids school ? you wanna be the fastest in the church parking lot ? its the new minivan....again dodge screwed up.

the challenger is another story, at least its got TWO DOORS.
                      Who's your daddy ?

Comment

They didn't screw up. It's common, in modern times, to build four door cars. They are popular among all groups of buyers. I'd rather impress the MILF at the school than the school kids themselves, but hey that's just me.
                        Not sure where you guys get the "chicks dig two door cars", heard alot of dudes say they prefer them, maybe your confused with whom your trying to impress.
                        Any visit to a LX event shows you how popular the Charger is and I'm pretty sure installing the 6.2 into a a body already built for it, didn't take too much work. Ya like 2 doors, buy the Chally...prefer 4? there's the Charger. Don't know why this is an issue?
                        Now with all that said..I like my Charger and if I was to buy a 700HP car..yeah I'd probably buy the Challenger, but keep my Charger too.

Comment

The 4 door charger(which came years before the challenger) was designed to add a car that would due duty as a police car, as well as fit in todays smaller parking spots with smaller doors than a 2 door.

when the brew ha ha started about the 4 door charger then (i'm sure) they decided to rectify the negativity by designing the new challenger.

imho they could have named the new 4 door the Fury but would have lost the heritage that helped sales.
                          2006 Town@Country loaded

Comment

Only blowers whine! Actually, I don't really care if they built a 4 door Charger but like a lot of euro sport sedans, several manufacturers also built a 2 door version of them. Many say that a 2dr version of a Charger won't sell well in the U.S. but I call BS on that. The Challenger is a different body style and to tell you the truth, I really not that big of a fan of the new Challenger. The original Challenger was lower over all and also wider and the new one just looks fat with it's higher narrower profile and yeah, it's plenty overweight. Place an older Challenger beside a new car and you'll see the difference but that's not the only thing I dislike about the new one. The new Charger on the other hand wasn't built to look anything like the original but does have a few styling cues from the old one and the car is attractive to me (never said it's ugly) but not enough for me to buy one because it's only offered with 4 doors.

Comment

You see a lot of younger folks doing a lot with their 4 door cars. Practical family car and yet a cool performance car. And in the winter they take their mag wheels off and put on the winter tires. 707 hp for a family car might be a bit much. I'd love to have a Challenger, but my 300C is a cool family car with pretty good get up and go.
                              I'm happy that Chrysler is building these RWD machines and hope they keep it up. Moparfest allows 200 modern mopars into the show. They just don't have room for more and you see a lot of cool cars. Many with modifications. Just like we used to do in the muscle car days. I love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X