Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might trade my Compass & Chally SE for a 2014 Charger RT with AWD whatcha think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might trade my Compass & Chally SE for a 2014 Charger RT with AWD whatcha think?

I have a 2011 Compass 4x4 that I use mainly in winter and for a yearly trip out West. My summer car is a 2010 Challenger SE. I was at the local dealer and am considering trading in these 2 for a 2014 Charger RT with AWD. My reasoning is that I'd save about $600 or $700 a year on insurance and oil changes and I'll have one car for all year around use.

The deal I can get is my 2 cars plus $1750 gets me the Charger out the door.

Do yu think it's a good idea?
    "Semper ubi sub ubi"

Sounds good to me but what do i know?? LOL!

Comment

I get the money saving part of it for sure. Even though it's AWD what about deep snow? Or isn't that really an issue for you?
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

2011 Jeep SPORT 4x4 30,000 miles, trade in 15750. (dont know if yours is a sport or mileage) 2010 Challenger SE $17425. trade in,

Thats $33,175.00 in trade value.... How much is that Charger?
        His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
        2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

$35K is about right for a RT, but I would try the even trade. The SRTs are high 40s into the 50s.

Comment

I worry for ya about the snow, too unless it's not an issue.
            Would be an awesome car to have I bet.
            2008 Black Jeep Liberty 4x4
            Far from stock

Comment

Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
              I get the money saving part of it for sure. Even though it's AWD what about deep snow? Or isn't that really an issue for you?
              The 7 or 8 times we get snow in the winter, it's usually a couple of inches. I've lived here for 26 years and only recall maybe 5 or 6 really big snows. I had an AWD Magnum for a few years and it did well.
              "Semper ubi sub ubi"

Comment

Originally posted by Trannyman View Post
                2011 Jeep SPORT 4x4 30,000 miles, trade in 15750. (dont know if yours is a sport or mileage) 2010 Challenger SE $17425. trade in,

Thats $33,175.00 in trade value.... How much is that Charger?
                Charger is about 33,500. The $1750 I assume is tax & title etc.
                "Semper ubi sub ubi"

Comment

Another thing, this morning I went to another dealer nearby and test drove a Charger AWD V6 and a 300 with the 5.7 hemi. In some ways I like them better than the Charger RT. The 300's interior was more appealing to me than a Charger's and I know they have the same hemi, but it seemed that the 300 accelerated more evenly (a little less torquey maybe). The 6 cyl AWD Charger seemed fine (better performance than my Chally SE).

Now I'm considering either a 300 5.7 AWD or a 300 AWD with the Pentastar 6 along with the Charger RT.
                  Everytime I get the new car bug I end up doing something like this. Lucky I still have a few days to make a final decision.
                  "Semper ubi sub ubi"

Comment

I have the 3.6. Great engine so far. Plenty of power and comp is showing 30mpg.

Comment

I love my 300c. Great on gas on the highway and lots of power. Comfortable car. I was looking for a Charger but fell in love with the 300 when I took a good look at it.

Comment

Well I did it! Traded the Chally and Jeep and got a 2013 300c AWD 5.7 in Glacier Blue with a beig interior. I kind of went whole hog and got one with almost all the options (Stickered at $44,000). I've never been one to be enamored with the doodads, but I liked the color and look and heck, I'm 60 years old so I decided to treat myself to a gentlemen's hot rod. I'll post pictures when it gets here, hopefully on Saturday (My local dealer had to buy it from a dealer over 300 miles away).
                        "Semper ubi sub ubi"

Comment

Congrats on the new wheels!
                          The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
                          Ronald Reagan

Comment

Weee Haa congatulations!

Comment

Cool. Enjoy it. Took me a while to figure out all the doodads. lol In fact I'm still learning.

Comment

Working...
                              X