2008 Dodge Charger R/T For Sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Dodge Charger R/T For Sale

Put my daily driver Charger R/T up for sale in the classified section.

http://www.moparstyle.com/classified...p?product=1472

Nice car. What are you going to get when you sell it?

Comment

A newer Challenger .... What I hope to accomplish is to sell the Charger and my 62 Plymouth and then buy a "newer" SRT8 Chally and pick up a late 50s Mopar to start building on. That's the plan, but they both gotta go for me to do it. I don't really need the daily driver anymore as my pickup works just fine for that. The new Chally will be for "occasional use" on weekends etc. I may rod it up some for more fun. Since I'll always need an old Mopar project, I'd like my next one to be a 57-59 Mopar street cruiser / show car. That's the plan - just need the money, and space !!

Comment

I'm really surprised at the lack of interest in this car. I have it listed at a number of sites not just here and getting no where. I've double checked KBB and they show it's value (excellent condition retail) around $19k. NADA has it around $20k. How about a price of $18,000 for a super clean LX Hemi??

Comment

Hopefully you'll sell it soon since things are picking up in that department.
          '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Keep trying and have faith, they'll go sometime. Around here right now, the only things selling and commanding big money is tillable farm land. I have mom and dad's house on the market now for almost 3 months and have only had 7 come out and see it. The market is starting to change tho. It can be seen at Pagelrealtyauction.com. I've reduced the price by $5000 once already to no avail. Curt
            Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
            "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
            I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

The biggest problem is often someone getting financing for a sale from a private party.
              12 Dodge Challenger SXT, 99 Dodge Dakota R/T, 89 Dodge Dakota Sport, 88 Plymouth Gran Fury, 81 Dodge Mirada, 79 Chrysler Cordoba, 68 Plymouth Valiant My Garage

Comment

Why would financing be an issue, as long as the loan is significantly less than the book value of the car? I would think a bank would gladly hold title on a car worth $19k for a $12-15K loan? Maybe not, I guess I don't understand loans.

Comment

Maybe with Spring you'll get some interest. Then again I guess in N. Carolina you don't get much Winter. My Magnum went quick in the Summer. Not much interest when I tried in the Fall other than a Marine Biologist who was at sea and wanted to buy it for his father. I told him to tie himself to the anchor and have them drop it.
                  I still love the 62. Wife says I have too many cars now and not enough money. Planning on going to Myrtle beach next month. Maybe I can trade my 300C on it Then again I can't afford a divorce.

Comment

Not much interest when I tried in the Fall other than a Marine Biologist who was at sea and wanted to buy it for his father. I told him to tie himself to the anchor and have them drop it. lol..... I just got a few of those scammer letters today after I put the merc in CL. Sheesh.

Stumper..... loan value on a used with bank approval ( unless you have triple 850 scoring ) is usually 10% ( collateral or cash, choose) of the value of the vehicle, not the loan itself. I know, banks are screwy. If you did the math on a deal like 10 grand for a 100 grand car, they'll be happy to charge you interest on money you wouldn't actually borrow. Nice of them, huh? Heartless jerks, banks. Then it's a hurry up and wait process while seeing if you will be graced with such a wonderful loan. Usually by the time the bank stops dragging its' feet, cars are gone and not a lot of people go for it.

The exceptions to the rule are credit unions, but those are getting fewer are further apart for a lot. That 15k is a tough area. Few have that cake laying around, if they do they lean to newer cars. If they don't, banks are being so tight it's a wonder they even say they give loans. 5k is a pretty safe bet and oddly 25k is a safe bet for higher prices because those people looking for used deals at 25k, have it saved or have done the legwork to stroke on the deal. I feel for you on this one. Not impossible, but the crowd on a sell is a lot tougher in this zone.

Have you discovered ( assuming 15k is your target) if a deal will give you 11k for your car and 4k off the used Chally that they can find? Still getting the same 15k, just sliced differently. Used cars have generous rooms for markups and downs.

Comment

I honestly don't know how car loans work .... never had one before. I bought my first new vehicle in 1978 (F150 4x4) and paid cash for it after saving up for a few years. I am by no means rich but I've done the same ever since.
                      I have also never traded a vehicle in for a new one, always sold them outright before or after. The game that car dealers play makes me sick. These days with actual invoice information on line it's alot easier but I used to go in after what I wanted, demand to see the invoice and agree on a profit for them over the invoice - knowing they still receive kickbacks from the factory on top of that. How much profit does a dealer need to process some paperwork to order me a car?

That said $15K would not be a target for a car that both KBB and NADA show as having a $19K value..

Comment

been a while since I went the dealer route. If memory serves ( and this may only be because I somewhat knew them or was a local boy) 150 plus whatever actual cost was that was being bantied about. ( this is asking them to "sell a car for me" ). Selling a car straight up? LOL...... if they bought it for a dollar and sold it for a million they would still cry that it's a tough business and people have no hearts. They will do anything they can to get the most they can. Imagine buying anything else like that. Apple cost anywhere between a dollar or 9 dollars. Guy down the street selling them out of his house for 75 cents, but you have to have phone calls and go see the apple first, etc. It's just weird. I agree tho, they milk ya pretty harsh on the profit side.

as for me, never had a loan either. Not that hard to do when your vehicles cost 500 and most down payments would have been a grand anyways :P

The old man and one of his many "family motto's"... buy it new, wear it out. Make it do, or do without. I just made do with other's wear it out is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumper View Post
                          I honestly don't know how car loans work .... never had one before. I bought my first new vehicle in 1978 (F150 4x4) and paid cash for it after saving up for a few years. I am by no means rich but I've done the same ever since.
                          I have also never traded a vehicle in for a new one, always sold them outright before or after. The game that car dealers play makes me sick. These days with actual invoice information on line it's alot easier but I used to go in after what I wanted, demand to see the invoice and agree on a profit for them over the invoice - knowing they still receive kickbacks from the factory on top of that. How much profit does a dealer need to process some paperwork to order me a car?

That said $15K would not be a target for a car that both KBB and NADA show as having a $19K value..
                          The dealers also receive kickbacks from the banks when they do the financing for you as well, been there seen it.
                          Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                          "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                          I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

I find their stupid games to be insulting and offensive. They think everyone is a complete fool. I'll agree to a few hundred bucks over invoice for their profit, knowing they will also get a kickback from the factory. But then don't play me for a fool with the dealer "added services" crap.

Comment

I agree, Stumper. If there were a dealer who was transparent and just gave decent service they'd have no need for trickery. I'd even give so much as a 750 over invoice for cash sales and 500 for financing. Salesman gets a straight 250 cut off a sale so there is no need for cuthroat activity ( I actually had one salesman pardon himself to use the bathroom, and then another saw it and tried to swoop in saying he gets better deals and yadda. Jerk).

Bonus points for a service department that actually services instead of looking at a screen and saying "well, book says 6 hours, so it will be that". How about diagnosing and charging for what was done. You know it doesn't take 3 hours to change an alternator. sheesh

Comment

Working...
                              X