Challenger SRT8 Wheel hop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenger SRT8 Wheel hop

I just bought a 2012 SRT8 Challenger with a 6 speed manual trans. I cannot do a clean launch on the street in any of the 3 modes of traction control without wheel hop. I found a site from HOP NOT that looks pretty promising, any comments would be appreciated. Thanx, Jack.
    I spent most of my money on FAST CARS and BEER, the rest I just wasted.

Have you tried with the traction control off?

Comment

According to the cops you should not be DOING "clean launches" on the street!!:ROFLMAO:

Comment

Launch a little lighter on the RPM. You can't really bring the RPM up to something crazy and dump the clutch on these cars. I launch at slight,y more than Idle and hammer it. It will lay a mile of rubber but not wheel hop. You have to shift quick as 1st gear is super low and redlines almost immediately.
        Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
        Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
        Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Video of results with hop not kit.

Challenger Wheel Hop Cure - YouTube

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Instructions Hop not kit

Dodge Challenger Wheel Hop - Detailed Installation Instructions

Comment

Thanx to all who answered, I will try the lower rpm launch and experiment a little more. I am going to test and tune 1/4 mile track near Syracuse NY on June 3rd.
            I spent most of my money on FAST CARS and BEER, the rest I just wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bblock View Post
              Video of results with hop not kit.

Challenger Wheel Hop Cure - YouTube

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Instructions Hop not kit

Dodge Challenger Wheel Hop - Detailed Installation Instructions

Might not have hopped at 4000 RPM -- but I'll bet his 60' is almost 2.5 seconds. I think you're better launching lower RPM. Yes you're out of your powerband for half second -- but I still think you're still faster hooking that spinning tires.
              Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
              Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
              Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

The wheel hop problem is a direct result of rear suspension cradle movement. The factory bushing are garbage and allow excessive rear end play. This allows the suspension to unload. To eliminate the movement the bushings need to be replaced. I'm looking at putting solid bushing in mine. As an interm, I've pumped the bushings full of windshield urethane, which has helped a little.
                2006 Charger R/T, R&T

Comment

You will get better lauches with the 6 speed if you "bog" down the motor on the start.

The bushings on these cars are crap but thats the trade off for the nice ride.

The 6 sppeds are great but the autos are quicker in the quarter
                  2010 Challenger "The Detonator"
                  2006 Charger FRI 392 Stroker

Comment

Working...
                  X