Hellcat and the DynoJet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellcat and the DynoJet

So my buddy sends me this picture message (or whatever the hell it is), says it his Hellcat on the chassis dyno... I think he is claiming it's got 1006.56 Rear wheel Horsepower. ?I have never had a car on the dyno, but are those "adjusted numbers" or do they use some calculation based on something else... He is not the kind of guy that shoots a lot of bs , I just ain't believing that there is 1000 hp+ sitting under that hood. if it is just straight up hp.....Dammmmm
    His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
    2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

I've heard it's hard to measure big HP on one of those because of tire slip but I've heard a lot about this car since it's inception. Is his car modified or is it still stock? Wouldn't mind seeing it run on a different one.....

Comment

thats an odd curve. im guessing its a TT. those kind of numbers are pretty common for vipers.
      Who's your daddy ?

Comment

id be curious of the correction factor. heres a good article on dyno numbers.. http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/ght...el-horsepower/
        Who's your daddy ?

Comment

Tell your buddy to preserve his car for a museum...cause it is the only one with those numbers...off the showroom floor..

Google search Hellcat Dyno numbers and hit the image tab... Those are real numbers
          9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Well, It's not stock. He did have it dyno'ed before he started modifying it.
            He says he has not gone into the engine and he told me a lot of the stuff he has done to it. I was sworn to secrecy on some of it, because he wants to have the 1st Hellcat in the 9's. I know one is claimed to have run a 10.03, so they are knocking on the door.

He has ran it before at the track before he did the latest mods, it was in the 10.30's running 139mph, so back then it had the ponies to run the number but couldn't get it to hook. Guess we will see if he has the 1st one in the 9's... he better hurry.
            His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
            2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

Working...
            X