Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 Reasons Why You Really Dont Wan't to Own the 2015 Hellcat Challenger

http://www.torquenews.com/106/7-reas...cat-challenger

Some pretty weird reasons. If you can't afford gas and insurance -- you're out of the league for this car. It was the same when I bought my Viper in 1999 (which I still have).
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

If the stock market keeps kicking my ass, I won't be able to afford to spit! Didn't think this oil pull back would go so deep.....so, the last thing on my bucket list is the Hellcat.

Comment

what a retarded bunch of reasons. What idiot would read that and say "ok, maybe i better not buy one" ?
      Who's your daddy ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
        If the stock market keeps kicking my ass, I won't be able to afford to spit! Didn't think this oil pull back would go so deep.....so, the last thing on my bucket list is the Hellcat.
        Buying opportunities. I have a Long Term Dividend account that I sell stocks at 10% profits -- so I was at 2/3 cash from selling in November, a short term gamble account that I sell at 5% increase -- and was 3/4 cash from selling. I bought a ton of stocks when the market dropped like a lead balloon in October -- then sold them days later when the market shot back up. I've been buying stocks like crazy in the last week -- some of which I only held from hours to days. I've been sitting on cash on these accounts waiting for this moment.

Then accounts for my grandkids college funds, index ETFs, Mutual funds for income, and my retirement. I don't even look at these accounts as they're properly diversified and I don't care about weekly reactions when I know long term they become worth more.

Comment

They left out a main reason.. If the car is drag racing on the track...and goes faster than 10.99...you must have a 5 point cage in it.. and that is just one of the rules...
          9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

The Cobras, and COPO Camaros to a lesser extent, are a big drag racing class of supposedly Street cars. The Challengers couldn't compete after the Mustangs got a Supercharger. This car was not really made to be on the street, but to compete with the Cobras. A year from now most will be on the track with cages, Arrington engines, tuned to nth degree, and burning 123 octane race gas. The aftermarket (Like Rousch) for the Cobras are big bucks. You might have seen my Wagon on the back of National Dragster racing a Cobra on a Strange Engineering ad.

That's how the Cobras got started in their class racing. Dodge tried doing that with the Drag Packs, but right now Ford owns it.

Comment

#6 Other Muscle owners will hate you. LOL. The whole thing is a joke! Right? Also, the Oct market pull back was what...5 or 6%. Now the 2009 drop was the lead balloon lol. Yeah, I got caught on 2 stocks. RIG and SDRL. At least RIG is still paying a dividend and SDRL now has a class action lawsuit against them like there should be. I'm ok on the rest of my stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by plumcrazy View Post
                what a retarded bunch of reasons. What idiot would read that and say "ok, maybe i better not buy one" ?
                No kidding. What a crock. Why didn't this same lame writer do a write up about the Vette and talk about all the reasons we don't want one of those????

Comment

Not on my bucket list. As Dirty Harry once said, "A man's got to know his limitations ...", and I know mine. Not ashamed to admit it, I don't know that I could handle 700 HP. 575 in my Runner will be just fine, thank you.
                  Paul, aka 'zij576ca'
                  Lifer #49
                  Member & webmaster, The Mopar Club of San Diego

Comment

I don't even have a bucket list. not lol
                    sigpic
                    '79 Pro-Street Volare Premiere~365~8 3/4 w 4:56
                    Trans and converter W.I.P.

Just say "NO" to Meat Glue

Comment

I see no legitimate reasons in that list if you can afford one,pay for gas (i get little over 20 in my minivan!) Tires insurance winter driving shouldn't be an issue , if you buy one i'm sure you will park it for the winter.

Do you need 700+ hp no just drive a srt how much do you need as a street car!
                      2006 Town@Country loaded

Comment

No need to park em for the winter here!! Wouldn't mind having the engine out of one. The modern day systems can really make some hp but not sure I'd want to contend with the electrical problems that always seem to develop down the road as they get older.

Comment

Working...
                        X