Wife's new 13 Challenger R/T

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife's new 13 Challenger R/T

So the wife saw the light and traded her vw in for this beauty, now we are all Mopar family my 67 Coronet and 13 Ram 1500 4x4 and her R/T sometime she even lets me drive it.

What are the popular mods for these cars?

[IMG][/IMG]

Nice trade! My nephew's girlfriend had a VW and it was a pile and I've heard many others complain about VW cars. And there are a lot of mods you can do to the Challenger depending on how far you want to take it.

Comment

Mods:

1. If a 6-speed, the first mod is the PITA 2nd gear lock out eliminator
      2. Seq tail lights. I did to both my Challengers. Doesn't make them faster -- but they look cooler.
      3. I'm still wanting to do the shaker hood on the RT

My RT

My SRT8

Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
      Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
      Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

What does the 2nd lock out supposed to do?

Comment

The gate to 2nd gear is closed at something like 14 mph (unless racing and the gas pedal is floored) and you have to go straight to 4th. It is a real pain in the ass.

You can either get a tuner module that you can program that out -- or there's a little adaptor that you plug in to the shifter (put car on the rack and get from the bottom as opposed to from inside the car) that stops that.

For the longest time I thought there was something wrong with the cars -- while Dallas was telling me I'm too old for a stick shift. We were both wrong!

Comment

Man, how much crap is on these cars that want to control how they are driven and we have to pay for and then pay for the fix? I've only driven one new Challenger and don't recall it having the 2nd gear lockout. Sure wish my dealership buddy could move over to the Dodge store over at Ron Carter and start bringing over cool cars again.

Comment

Tremec requires them in the Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, Viper, and Challenger 6-speeds to limit their warranty work.

When I bought my Challengers, they're were trickling the transmissions to Dodge. I was told it was to limit liability on warranty and keep the CAFE better by a Dodge, by also told it was because FIAT wasn't paying the bills fast enough for Tremec by a dealer in the know.

You really gave to drive the car fairly "spirited" for the gate to lock. About 1 out of 15 times for me before I fixed it.

Comment

Just got rid of my Daughter's 04 Jetta 1.8T....she bought it new had a little over 100k and couldn't keep the check engine lights off. Then her mechanic told her to expect the tranny to crap out soon. Nice driving car but darn it was costing her about 800 bucks everytime it hit the shop.

Comment

Thank you for the replies gentlemen, for the time being the wife is only allowing my to swap exhaust she likes the muscle car growl as well but she is the sensible one between us tells me that it's fast enough for her she just want's to be able to hear it now.

She is probably right and it is HER car but I hate to see things left stock, Hell after years of beating the hell out of my body I am not even 100% OEM anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Popinsmoke View Post
                    Thank you for the replies gentlemen, for the time being the wife is only allowing my to swap exhaust she likes the muscle car growl as well but she is the sensible one between us tells me that it's fast enough for her she just want's to be able to hear it now.

She is probably right and it is HER car but I hate to see things left stock, Hell after years of beating the hell out of my body I am not even 100% OEM anymore.
                    My wife wanted to do some 'upgrades' to her Durango and I was the one that didn't want to lol. She's a hot rodder too and actually cuts better ET's than I do for some reason but our last time out, I beat her with a vehicle that was 2 tenths slower And see was pissed lol

Comment

An easy modification to the engine is a cold air package. I went with a K & N on my 300C. Mopar Performance has a kit as well.
                      Beautiful car.

Comment

Working...
                      X