No announcement yet.

Royal Purple oil change. Ouch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe semi-synthetic. I bet Trannyman can weigh in on this one. I think the valvoline atf4 is full synthetic.

Comment

Originally posted by nonstick View Post
      I believe semi-synthetic. I bet Trannyman can weigh in on this one. I think the valvoline atf4 is full synthetic.
      They just call it "advanced" Synthetic...lol

http://www.centerforqa.com/

Comment

Bought several cases from RP while on the HRPT last year and even with a bulk discount..each case wasn't cheap...especialy the HPS.. Now just wanting to match the oil with a quality filter
        9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Valvoline/1 qt. ATF+4 full synthetic automatic transmission fluid for use in Chrysler or Jeep vehicles
          I use the above transfluid
          for an oil filter on race cars, I use WIX 51515R and on the Big blocks 51515
          for plugs on the aluminum head race cars I use Autolite AR3932 plugs
          For gear lube I use Royal Purple, as I do on the motor oil. I also use it in the Viper and plan to start using it on both Challengers.
          Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
          Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
          Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

I have heard ATF4 is synthetic also. It has been used in minivan power steering pumps since at least 2001.
            I don't know about 10K intervals, I will stick to 6-8 K for our van which has the 3.6.
            It is getting whatever is on sale and approved synthetic at change time.
            The biggest thing about the oil for warranty is interval and meeting or exceeding the Chrysler standard.
            The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
            Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
            X