1971 Dodge Dart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1971 Dodge Dart

Went & looked at 1 last night . It's a carcass of a car . Guy was into late model modifieds. The car is totally stripped and some of the inside body braces have been removed. No door inner bracings that would allow you to put a window back , same for the rear seat areas . My question is this . When it comes to stripping a car down to drag race . Is this too far ?
    All throttle , no bottle .

Shorty, I would say it depends on what class of racing you plan to do.. For running Stock Eliminator you would have to put glass back in it... But to bracket race it might be ok... I wouldn't want to race a car with all the supports out of it.. Even with a full FC cage in it... Motor size would also determine if this car would work for drag racing.. The faster you plan to go the more safety equipment you are going to need... So, I can't just give you a yes or no answer to your question.. It sounds like it has been pretty cut up... For me I don't think it would work but for someone else it may.. Just depends on a lot of other situations...
    Mack Reeves
    FS/C 2377
    2009 DragPak U 426-004

Comment

I imagine finding sold replacement doors wouldn't be too hard
      My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

Thinking that this is gonna be something that I am gonna want to do. I mean for $200.00 I'm not going in the wrong direction. Doors ? Nope ! Got a couple people in mind right now that I can call on to get some. Matter fact 1 just sold some and had I known that I was going to fall into this , I'd bought them up.

Comment

With only a 200.00 investment I agree you arenít headed down the wrong road!!
          Mack Reeves
          FS/C 2377
          2009 DragPak U 426-004

Comment

Originally posted by MoparMack View Post
            With only a 200.00 investment I agree you arenít headed down the wrong road!!
            I don't think so either. I would much rather have the Dart than the Demon. Thing is I gotta get my garage done first. Then I can put my attention on either 1.

Comment

Working...
            X