Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In gear stalling issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    What fuel pump, filter, size lies, regulator and fuel pressure are you running? If the motor is set up for the strip, its possible that you just need to tun a higher RPMs at idle to keep running in gear. That said, I'm not a fan of Turbo Actions Converter and Valve Bodies. I much refer PTC and ATI converters.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

    Comment


    • #17
      Barry grant fuel pump and cartridge filter (new) 1/2" lines, new Holley regulator set at 6.5 psi. Engine is strong but nothing like I ran 20 years ago and don't remember having to st the idle up to 16-1800 to keep it idling in gear. But I've slept since then lol

      Comment


      • #18
        I run a little bigger, so don't know. I run -AN12 through prefilter, fuel pump, and post filter; -AN10 to regulator, -AN6 to a pair of 800CFM AFB's. 20# off pump and 7.5psi at regulator. My idle out f fear s about 1200 or I'll Stall after burnout. It drops to about 900 in gear.I have 906hp on dyno. Those little Holley regulators can't take much HP.


        Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	2
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	261321
        Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
        Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
        Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

        Comment


        • #19
          Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	261323
          Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
          Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
          Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

          Comment


          • #20
            Cool ride. I've got the owner of a well respected trans shop coming to look at it today so I'll post his thoughts later

            Comment


            • #21
              The trans shop owner said the converter is set up way too tight or the sprag is locked up, mostly the sprag. Time to get it out and go from there. Thanks for the follow up posts

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Kurtab View Post
                The trans shop owner said the converter is set up way too tight or the sprag is locked up, mostly the sprag. Time to get it out and go from there. Thanks for the follow up posts
                Let us know what you find for sure . I hate " I told ya so's " when I get them , but I do like hearing about " Problems solved " ones.
                All throttle , no bottle .

                Comment


                • #23
                  Ya I will cause I'm wondering too because two other converter manufacturers told me if it drove out fine it probably wasn't the converter. Might be a few weeks as I'm working through some wiring issues right now, related to getting it back on the street

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Works for me , just like to know. Like keeping updated with tech problem shooting.
                    All throttle , no bottle .

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Well got the call from my trans shop and the converter is junk. No way it was built by a reputable source. Going to have them build a 3500 stall to get it drivable then maybe invest in a higher stall for the track at some point. Thanks again for the posts

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Kurtab View Post
                        Well got the call from my trans shop and the converter is junk. No way it was built by a reputable source. Going to have them build a 3500 stall to get it drivable then maybe invest in a higher stall for the track at some point. Thanks again for the posts
                        you knew this was coming from me , right ? Ha,ha,ha . I told ya so.
                        All throttle , no bottle .

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Ya you were right, at least I know for sure now lol. Should be able to put it back together enough to drive it to work out the rest of the bugs

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Kurtab View Post
                            Ya you were right, at least I know for sure now lol. Should be able to put it back together enough to drive it to work out the rest of the bugs
                            I am glad for you that's all it was . Funny thing/stories about telling others about the samething being wrong with they'res. The looks I got,,,,,,,. :-)
                            All throttle , no bottle .

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X