No announcement yet.

Vitamin C leans to the right

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should have updated this post earlier. One shock was screwed. I replaced them with qA1 double adjstable
    My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

So all good now?? my axle tube was turning on pass side so taking pre load out and putting it back on decel! all good now 10" 5000 TQ works perfect so far @ 3525lb car and driver maybe a wee bit slower 60 but faster 1/8 and 1/4 mph's will know better after more testing tomorrow. put the antiroll bar in while rear was off to be welded seems to keep it real level but makes it harder to get traction as it adds to spring rate. going to make a few hits tomorrow and take it off? really should not need it. More later.

Comment

Yup, replaced a bad shock to cure. Actually replaced all rear shocks and springs. Launches like a Champ and sits right.
        My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

well testing yesterday went well hit first yanked the wheels went left rolled the throttle a bit and went 9.85 @ 137 best mph in neutral/no winds to date. TT 2 pretty good but short shifted 2 and 3 as I was trying to watch new air fuel gauge let off early as track has some bumps down there and i got little out of grove 9.87 @ 131. good 60 foot the air fuel was at 12.3 with Ultra 94 which contains 10% ethanol right where it should be old 45 to 50 year old dommy works good so old it has pressed in air bleeds. LOL. then tried a 1450 quick fuel i bought used 17 air fuel WTF let off and drove down track something wrong with it for sure. put stock air bleeds in and tried again 16.5 started to break down as soon as I pulled drive so done with that till i find whats wrong. Put old faithful 1050 back on and trying to get it torqued to 1800 seemed it did not want to then jumped up to 2400 rolled a bit but a 1.3440 short 9.68 @ 137.94 best ever et and right there for 60 foot (had more mph last week big tail wind 139.56) and playing stripe on one that should have been 140??) So we give it 1 more degree timing shallow stage and 1800 guy in turbo mustang backs out one bulb and sits finally they say go to me it's a pro tree LOL .24 something reaction 1.317 short best ever by 100th and a 9.65 @ 137.53. air fuel was 2.6/2.7 think the extra degree of timing affected that and it may need one more jet. so it was 80 degrees 29.2 bar, 45 relative and 2500 to 2600 corrected my hand station may read a bit high to others i ask at track 2 to 300 feet. anyway that 10" 5000 is as fast as the 8/9" 5000 60 foot and faster down track 1/8 and 1/4 no other changes to car from last year save for the anti roll bar. not jets not anything with 3500 ish race weight and a 574 pump gas motor with modified SR heads TQ guy was right on suggesting this 10" 5000. mph is up and rpms down a little so I'm pretty happy.

Comment

are you footbrake or transbrake?

Comment

Footbraking!

Comment

Have you tried various and found RPM launches to see what gives you the best 60'? I was launching the Vitamin C at about 2500 but when I change my convertor to one spec'd almost the same - 1700 gave me the best.

Comment

Working...
                X