Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a new car yesterday

Well new to me

Bought a new car yesterday, and it won class in NSS today. It's a nice Albeit slow) 65 Coronet post. It hasn't been tubbed or backhalved - and the body is excellent - so I intend to make A990 tribute. Now I need a Hemi K-frame and Dana.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Cool... You going to leave it blue?
    His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
    2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet. I might let Hope get her feet wet in it on the track, Dallas says he wants to race it locally. I need to get a half dozen other projects done while I gather parts to make it an A990.

i really wasn't in the market for it, but the post cars are getting harder to find, and I made a good deal on it ($13k). When I get home I'll load up the wagon to take to Evansville to see what's up with it, and swing through Effingham and pick this up.

keep your eyes open for a Superman deal at a Clark Kent price for a HeminK-frame and Dana for me

Comment

Nice!
        The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
        Ronald Reagan

Comment

Dave,

Paint it white like the "Dodge Boys" with Jenkins & Strickler, PHILA. Dodge Dealers with Moe Thompson, Missouri Plymouth/Dodge Dealer car, Ronnie Socks and several other factory sponsored cars from the 1965 era.

White was used for many years by many of the famous drivers & mechanics, even the under carriages were that color. Jenkins claimed he could see if a problem was starting with this color even in some of the dark pits in those days, still works today. I have repaint several cars in a light color for just that reason, have found unknown leakage on seals and gaskets showing problems several times over the years, thanks to "Grumpy" Jenkins, Stahl and Ronnie Socks white paint.
          Last edited by projectmopar; 05-25-2014, 03:49 PM.
          Mural Persuasion
          "OFFER THE GENTLEMAN A CIGAR, IF HE REFUSES, SHOOT THE SONOFABITCH".
          Mark Twain 1891

Comment

Want to restore/clone to factory fresh with team colors. No plans to tub, back half or drag race it. Have plenty of those cars. Looking to make a $100K trailer queen out of it.

Comment

Comment

I have always liked the " post " cars!!!
                Mack Reeves
                FS/C 2377
                2009 DragPak U 426-004

Comment

That's a beauty. And a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                  X