Turn to ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn to ESPN2

The NHRA race in Atlanta is starting. In rained all day and the Atlanta track is downright dangerous at night, especially the left lane. I know this for a fact personally.

ought to be a lot of wrecks
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Never mind, they called the race for the track being too dangerous after only three pair couldn't get down the track. That is one crazy track with the dew settling on the left Kane and the strong cross winds coming down the valley just past the stands.

Comment

I seen that also. Think they are airing it tonight at 8:00????
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

On right now.

It doesn't matter if you hate drag racing, I'm betting this is going to be a strange race. Atlanta is a weird track to run at night.

Comment

I hated Atlanta.. Parking a Pro car in the dirt..Very hot..no air flow..track back then was like a motocross wooptiedoo

I was there the day Jerry Gannon wrecked his jet car..and the safety safari truck ran out of gas leaving Jerry in his jetcar for at least 60 seconds while it was burning up.. That was a sad day..
          9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

I've raced five events there, and they're all memorable for the wrong reasons. Tough track getting a skinny slick car down. Cross winds, dew, terrible track crew, and pollen. The karst two years we've raced there in April an the track and cars were literally yellow from being covered in pollen. I still have pollen in my weather station computer.

Comment

Working...
            X