New bullet in Whale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bullet in Whale

engine in, about three hours more work before firing up.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Looks good.

Comment

Will start it first thing Tuesday and hopefully get the motor in the Big Red Ram and started to take both cars to San Antonio Wednesday night to T&T

Comment

Ran out of time

This time next week I figure we need to be at the Arkansas/Missouri border.

It looks like I'll be in the Vitamin C for the Dave Duell Classic. The engine is in my wagon and ready to fire up, but the #7 and #2 header tubes are on the torsion bars. The engine and transmission in this car have always been the most difficult of the cars to install, but the last two times have gotten progressively harder. Dallas swears that the car has twisted some. We stopped work on it because...

The Coronet still doesn't have an engine or transmission in it. The Charlie's oil pan just came in yesterday and had to have a couple holes drilled larger. It is on the motor now and in the morning oil added and the pump spun to make sure it doesn't leak. The design is a little different this time than the other one. It looks to be better, but the cross link hole looks like it might be close. The hope is to take it to a track on Friday to test it.

My wife leaves early in the am to visit the outlaws, so I'll be playing Mr. Mom to my 15-year-old daughter and three dogs. Her school is 30 miles away and I have to cart her to a party 40 miles away Saturday at 7:00 and pick her up at 10 - after Dallas and I get back from Louisiana to approve the taping for the second color of the Texas Thug. Sunday I need to mow 5 acres; Monday go to Houston for my permanent crown; Tuesday load up the rig, get it washed and full of groceries, and on the road Wednesday 6am.

i'll need to arrange to bring the wagon to Matt for him to determine what it takes to make the car right, modify headers, and put the drivetrain at the right pitch/angle with a better mounting system. Hopefully in time for Joliet.

I really hope to get the Thug back soon, as original plans were for it to be back January 4th. It will still need 150 hours to reassemble and take to test. All of this at the same time I need to get the new shop whipped into shape so we can move in, and Dallas and I taking a week off in June for a motorcycle trip through the Ozarks. No rest for the weary.

Comment

Working...
        X