Racing Weather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Weather

Have not been out yet. Temps only at best low 70's on very overcast days, and windy as well. No sunshine and no heat means no temp in the track surface and no traction in the lighter cars like mine.

ALSO, rumour had it as of yesterday, that Heartland Park Topeka was NOT going to be able to open for the Dirt track opener, Saturdsy the 5th of April. Seems as tho the city utilities dept. turned off their water Friday for non payment, not even a single payment, during all of 2013. I HAVE NOT confirmed this story yet, but my new boss at O'Reillys is a dirt track racer and told me about it. He has contacts in the city govt. that told him about it.

Our plans are for first outing this year in the short car (225" WB car), in 2 weeks. Shake it out, make sure all is right, and go for my ADV. ET license to run 6.0 and slower, T/D, Super Pro, and Super Comp, and be able to race at the Kansas Nationals in Super Comp May 23-25th. I will be not using the launch box except for throttle stop. As per rules and changes for this year, launch RPM and shift RPM will be controlled by the MSD box for the "Super" classes. Delay is not an option in heads up racing. Header collectors are already welded and will not require the new required "tether" system.

There are NO tracks anywhere near me that have Foot Brake classes, but there is talk about them coming around in 2015 widespread. If so, that's what I intend to race. It's the only way for real racing, the driver and his talent, the mechanic and his talent, determine the winner, NOT electronics. Electronics do nothing but make the everyday guy make up for all of his or her shortcomings and be able to compete. I have all of those toys and will use them as long as I have to, outside of Super Comp. The Biondo Bros. are gonna be paying me contingency money often.
    Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
    "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
    I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Originally posted by hemisatellite
    Have not been out yet. Temps only at best low 70's on very overcast days, and windy as well. No sunshine and no heat means no temp in the track surface and no traction in the lighter cars like mine.

ALSO, rumour had it as of yesterday, that Heartland Park Topeka was NOT going to be able to open for the Dirt track opener, Saturdsy the 5th of April. Seems as tho the city utilities dept. turned off their water Friday for non payment, not even a single payment, during all of 2013. I HAVE NOT confirmed this story yet, but my new boss at O'Reillys is a dirt track racer and told me about it. He has contacts in the city govt. that told him about it.

Our plans are for first outing this year in the short car (225" WB car), in 2 weeks. Shake it out, make sure all is right, and go for my ADV. ET license to run 6.0 and slower, T/D, Super Pro, and Super Comp, and be able to race at the Kansas Nationals in Super Comp May 23-25th. I will be not using the launch box except for throttle stop. As per rules and changes for this year, launch RPM and shift RPM will be controlled by the MSD box for the "Super" classes. Delay is not an option in heads up racing. Header collectors are already welded and will not require the new required "tether" system.

There are NO tracks anywhere near me that have Foot Brake classes, but there is talk about them coming around in 2015 widespread. If so, that's what I intend to race. It's the only way for real racing, the driver and his talent, the mechanic and his talent, determine the winner, NOT electronics. Electronics do nothing but make the everyday guy make up for all of his or her shortcomings and be able to compete. I have all of those toys and will use them as long as I have to, outside of Super Comp. The Biondo Bros. are gonna be paying me contingency money often.

You may be the first.

I have never seen a dragster type vehicle run in a foot brake class. I don't even know if it's possible.
    His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
    2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

Yup, all the ones I see run in the Electronics class, but I don't know shit about Dragsters as I'm a door car kinda guy.
      Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
      Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
      Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Working...
      X