Locking transmission dipsticks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking transmission dipsticks

If you don't have a locking transmission dipstick that bolts to the bellhousing -- and you have a CSR carbonfiber transhield -- then you need to read this thread.

http://www.nssracing.com/forums/show...ller-tube-rule
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Have they been having problems with people pushing trans fluid out of the stick? Seems like it would come out of the vent before there.....?

Comment

I think it's mostly just people with rigged up chit. While it's been awhile since I was at the track monthly, there were always a lot of oil downs and long delays for cleanup. If they can clean up the stupid chit they can cut down on delays. One thing I would like also to be gone is rubber transmission cooler lines or at minimum none with hose clamps...
      His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
      2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

I've used rubber connection lines plenty over the years but they go over barbed fittings. Never had a problem with any coming loose. The the main problem with running rubber is people cut the hard lines for whatever reason and just put the rubber over that and there's no grip on a smooth surface. So, at tech in, rubber connections are still allowed?
        Last edited by Cranky; 03-05-2014, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
          Have they been having problems with people pushing trans fluid out of the stick? Seems like it would come out of the vent before there.....?
          I think it was mainly a Powerglide problem that have/had short filler tubes. Both my glides have them as required in Comp and T/D. They must be bolted to the trans/block so I was told by Div tech office.
          Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
          "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
          I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Dallas modified the firewall with a pipe and Mexican Speed Wrench, and used the A&A/CRT one for CSR shields. All is well.
            Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
            Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
            Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Working...
            X