Bought new race trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought new race trailer

My 24' tag enclosed is 10-11 years old now -- and although it was a quality trailer (actually a little higher quality than the one I just bought), it got tapped in the rear end and the body shop didn't do as good of a job pulling the dent out as I wanted. I rather a gooseneck that allows me to bring golfcart any way. I'll photoing the enclosed and listing it in the next week. Need to go to Indy to pick this up -- which gives me a good opportunity to drop off an engine (the 580 that was in my wagon 2012) to Indy to tear down and inspect/freshen/dyno and pick up a K-frame that was lightened and cut for a Charlies oil pan.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Is this one for going to local test and tunes and when you go by yourself?

Comment

Yup -- taking and picking up cars to race shops, track with one car, I most likely use a single car trailer 4-5 times a year and it was time to find one to get me through the next ten years. Although this one pulls great behind the dually (never know it is there) -- I prefer a gooseneck and to be able to take the golfcart. There have also been a lot of times when I've picked up a car and had a buttload of big parts coming back.

Comment

Has this new one got decent tires on it????

Comment

How much are you going to ask for the old one?

Comment

Originally posted by R-body_mopar View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaa... LOL..

Each tire is named Tim...lol
            9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Originally posted by R-body_mopar View Post
              Ouch....... hopefully it doesn't have the may-pop or toss-a-tread brand tires.

edit:

what is that, 38'? Looks nice from the photo's.
              Last edited by Trannyman; 02-10-2014, 02:31 PM.
              His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
              2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

I got a great deal on the trailer because it is a new 2013 -- but there are three things I don't like:

1. Shitty steel wheels and Range D tires -- that will be replaced with aluminum wheels and Load Range E or F tires as soon as I get home. That said it will never have as much weight per tire and axle as the stacker (as there will only be one car on the same number of axles -- and no lift, and it has one more axle that my other open and enclosed trailers)
                2. No in floor spare tire storage -- but I can mount on the wall
                3. No electric jacks -- but it is a pretty light trailer.

I also plan to do diamond plate tread, 9,000 winch, charger lugs, solar battery charger, e-tracks, and a full compliment of Pit Pal shit.

On the old trailer -- Dallas is fixing a short in the license plate light and a broken brake wire from a blowout; and cleaning it out. I'll have a listing for it today.

Comment

We were suppose to leave at 6am, but got a little bit of a late start 6:30, which put us in the Houston traffic I was trying to avoid. 12 hours later - we've driven 750 miles (at the MO/IL border) with another 300 to go. I figure we'll get to Indy at 1am their time. Hope to be at Indy Cly Heads at 7:30 am, and have our trailer by 10:30. It is suppose to snow in Indiana in the AM. Then off to Evansville for the Kframe to the Texas Thug.

Comment

did your NSS buddy get the trailer or do I still have a chance?
                    Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                    "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                    I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Got to Evansville by 11AM for K-Frame and was back home by 2AM. 2200 miles and three errands in less than two days. Smokey and the Bandit have nothing on us.

Comment

Originally posted by hemisatellite View Post
                        did your NSS buddy get the trailer or do I still have a chance?

he's suppose to get it Monday or Tuesday -- haven't talked to him since I got back, but he's only a few hours away in Brownsville -- so I'm betting he'll get. He's a 747 pilot with a Hemi 63 Plymouth (High Voltage) who goes by the handle 747Hemi.

Comment

Does he pilot for Connie?

Comment

Nope, I forgot what company he piloted for. He's on disability and lives in Brownsville right now because his wife is a dentist there.

Comment

Working...
                            X