Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jasperjacko
    replied
    It's ported vac. just as factory would have it. I don't launch at wot, but have to ease into it.

Leave a comment:

• dodgeboy8
    replied
    Are you running the vacuum advance off ported vacuum or manifold vacuum??

Manifold vacuum falls to 0 at WOT so if you are on manifold your timing falls back and so does your timing.

vacuum advance is meant to work at light highway cruise to give a bit better cruise gas mileage

On ported vacuum as designed should not affect idle and should run same quarters unhooked as hooked. as it does not work at WOT or even normal acceleration it should only work at light highway cruise.
    If your using it to hold advance up for idle thats wrong. install lighter advance springs and unhook vacuum advance at first. If you must add it later only to ported vaccum and tune for light cruise with no ping!

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    The 360 intake may help soften the launch since it has bigger ports. The Performer being small may be increasing your low end torque to the point it's allowing the 360 to break the tires loose easily. Worth a try but I think I'd try some different tires on it first. Sure easier to swap them out. Backing down the timing usually kills the performance overall but it's also worth trying and is the easiest change to make.

Leave a comment:

• jasperjacko
    replied
    some info: intake is edel. perf. with 318 sized ports. I wanted to save weight and run a/c and thermoquad. Maybe small port is hurting me. carb is for a big block with 77' 400 hp jetting. I added a dist. vacuum advance port that seems to work fine. I do have a 360 4 barrel factory intake. what do you all think?

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

If I backed the initial timing off, would that give me less torque and better traction down low, and better power up high , or am I mistaken?

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    A 102 should be a low 13 and with great traction, maybe a 13.teen. We have a 318 Demon going 13.50 @ 102 and the 60 is also a 2.2. It's real slow off the line because of the stock converter. The power doesn't turn on until 3000 rpm and it runs like a raped ape up to 6k but with this thing, leaving at an idle or brake torqued doesn't make any difference.

Leave a comment:

• dodgeboy8
    replied
    I always had best luck with street tires by lowing the pressure then a good burn out torque as high as I could and still hold the line stab the throttle on the last yellow about 1/3 to 1/2 way down letting the built up energy launch you forward then feed the other 1/2 throttle to it over the 60 foot!

Leave a comment:

• jasperjacko
    replied
    My best time and speed were shifting at 5500-5600 rpm. I can't use all the throttle or I spin off the line even after dry burnout. I brake torque to 1500-1700 at the line. Maybe I should just sit there and launch from idle? I did try running to 6000 rpm but lost et. I think the performer intake is done @ 5500.

Leave a comment:

• dodgeboy8
    replied
    Mufflers and low shift rpms mat be killing the top end an bit.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Is it spinning of the line or just flat???

Leave a comment:

• jasperjacko
    replied
    I don't know, convertor slip, aerodynamics?

Leave a comment:

• dodgeboy8
    replied
    There is a low 13 in it with a 1.7 short and you top end mph seem off a couple mph?? thinking 13.7 should be 102ish??

Leave a comment:

• jasperjacko
    replied
    Well, I had Modoba put away for the winter, but.......It was 60 and sunny, and the local track was OPEN!! `13.73@99.0 still can't get out of the 2.0 60' ....traction....

Leave a comment:

• jasperjacko
    replied
    you're right, an 8 would be better, but I'm running factory 7"wheels

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Yup, I know what the charts say.....but if you do some research, you should find the 'optimum' rim size will not be a 7.....

Leave a comment:

• jasperjacko
    replied
    When I bought the tires, the chart said 7-9" rim

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Section width of 255mm on a 7" rim? So, tread width on that tire should be around 9"....it should be on at least an 8" rim at the minimum. If the tire tread is 9", then it would perform better if it were on an 8" rim and even better if it were on a 9" rim. A narrow rim will try to pull the edges of the tire off the ground on the launch and proper PSI for street driving will too. It will also handle better on the street with a wider rim....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X