No announcement yet.

1954 coronet 2 door "Club Coupe"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you are making good progress!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Got some parts in the mail this week!!

54 only tail lights lenses and reflectors

Picked up a usable steering wheel since mine was bare metal

Comment

Things are shaping up.

Comment

Good news and bad news...

The good news is I finally got my windshield rubber. It came from Andy Burnbaum auto parts all the way in Massachusetts to California! It was HARD TO FIND!! I feel half my battle is over, Because without a windshield & rubber I could never drive it.

The bad news is my 20 yr old house got a plumming slab leak and cost me $900. Son of a bitch!!!!!!!!!

Now my progress on the 54 will slow down till I save some cash... Next few post will probably be body work...

Comment

I took out the steering column, brake assembly, and dropped the front end. The wire wheeled the frame and gave it a coat of etching primer for now...

For now I will continue on rebuilding front suspension, untill I get some cash then I will pick up a motor and trans.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

I also need to figure out a color.... My orginal choice was stain black or stain yellow. But I know black is everywhere and most of feedback I got on the yellow was poor. Everyone said it would look like a taxi or a stick of butter going down the road. So I'm not sure of the color...

I will take suggestions . What ever color I go with has to go good with white walls.

Comment

I think a real dark blue and black combo on your car would look great. Or a deep pearl maroon shade. Its your car,do what makes you happy! Nice job so far!

Comment

Thanks!!
                I will keep thinking on the color. I have time since I still need to repair floor inside and still need to do body work. Another thing is I really like the bullet holes in drivers door, So I want the bullet holes to look cool against paint color. I might have someone air brush the highlights.

Comment

Sorry for no post lately... Haven't had money due to Holidays... But I've been working on cleaning the front end up a little. I wired wheels all the front suspension and painted semi gloss. I also got lucky and scored a NOS trim piece for my exterior drivers door. I searched high and low for it and I was starting to have dought if I would fine one!! I should have some parts rolling in shortly after tax time.

Comment

Cool. Eastwood makes a frame paint that holds up pretty well.
                    His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
                    2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

True black and pale yellow two tone would look great on it.
                      '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

yes, pacecar colors would be nice!

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Well I picked up a CHEVY MOTOR for my dodge!! J/K... I know how everyone hates to hear it so I thought I would make myself laugh...:ROFLMAO:

I picked up a complete 1973 360 with 727 trans and paid 370 bucks. Hope I did ok... I already dug into it and found it is a 10-10 motor that looked great on the inside. So I completely stripped it and send to machine shop and I'll pick up next week. Cant wait to get it back and continue on...

Sorry I didnt get a pic of it completely stripped, I was so excited I just loaded in truck and brought down to shop without getting a pic...

Comment

Are you going to build the engine up some or leave it stock?

Comment

Cool deal.

The heads are standard 340/360 fare for that year and stock it may have had dishes or flat tops. Mine had flat tops but was barely a '73. They're sweet years for a motor to just use as-is even though they do are pre-hardened seats.

Stock adv. was 8.8:1 with flat tops and 8.4:1 dished. Either should be 250hp+ though.
                              '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Thanks for the info on the heads. My casting number is 4027596. I'm looking to keep the engine simple. So I'll just send the heads out to get rebuilt. So far I bought new bearings all the way around and picked up a "comp cams" timing chain.

Not sure which brands yet, But I plan on picking up a basic cam and lifters / new manifold and carb / new oil pick up and pan / and I'm thinking of chrome valve covers that say MOPAR across them. What do you think??

Comment

Working...
                                X