1954 coronet 2 door "Club Coupe"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 coronet 2 door "Club Coupe"

Hi I'm new to the site and thought I'd post my project I got 3 weeks ago. Last time it was registered was in 71! Heres where I found her... The P.O. said it was there for more than 20 years...

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Here it is on the way home

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------
    Heres the 54 at home...

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Been cleaning it out for 2 weeks now (when I have time)... This is how it was when I got home...

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

To get you updated, I cleaned MOST of the inside (only found a 1962 penny). Found a little rot behind the drivers seat. Very minor!!! This is the only rot I think the car has. : )

Nice project. You restoring it to stock or hot rod.

Comment

Got my new back window on friday (all the way from Ohio). Still waiting on new windshield from Oregon...

Otherwise I'm still stripping and cleaning the 54! (will keep you posted)

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Originally posted by Bblock View Post
      Nice project. You restoring it to stock or hot rod.
      thanks
      Looking to make it a street rod... I plan on puting a 360 in it and possibly putting on air bags (if budget allows) with 3" white walls. Other that that pretty much stock look, But maybe a satin mustard yellow or black (not sure, I might change my mind on the color)

Comment

Yellow would look frickin great on that car!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Gyro-matic by chance?

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

I'm not sure what trans yet... I'll have to do some research

Comment

I think 53 was the last year for the fluid drive?

Comment

This be of interest to ya?

Mopar 1954: Tires and Wheels | eBay

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Thanks... I try to check ebay every few days to see what comes up under new listings...

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

The car has a power flite 2 speed, but I have no need for it... Anyone need power flite parts???

Comment

Had good and bad news today on the 54....

The GOOD was I got my pink slip in the mail (I was SO happy)... Removed drive shaft and power-flite trans... I also received my NOS windshield!!! : )

The BAD was a unexpected dirt devil / dust devil??? Blew through my garage and blew away my pink slip I just got today!!! Of course it didn't take the wife's car payment bill that came with it... : (

A duplicate pink will cost me $50 DAM!!!
                    Last edited by 1954 in progress; 09-02-2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Well $50 bucks will cut into your beer money and that is always bad. But congrats on the rest,mostly the windshield,, score!
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by 1954 in progress View Post
                        Thanks... I try to check ebay every few days to see what comes up under new listings...

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

The car has a power flite 2 speed, but I have no need for it... Anyone need power flite parts???
                        Place it in the mopar style classifieds or ebay, you might be surprised how many people look, and how much they'd offer. Good luck
                        Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                        "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                        I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Hope you find the pink slip. Had my dog take a bag of small parts out of the garage one day. Fortunately found them in the yard after looking everywhere.

Comment

Hey guys...
                            I've been busy working on the 54 and when I'm not, The wifes on the computer selling ebay. So I haven't had time to post anything.To get you updated I had "Paul's glass" come out and safely remove my window trim. He had some info that I was surprised to hear about... He said he had a connection to see how my of these cars were made and how many are left. He said there was 11,000 made in 54 (straight six and v8). And that 3,501 were a 2 door, and that there are only 158 left. I'm guessing that are registered... I dont know if it's true but he seemed believeable.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I also...
                            Removed the dash / Labeled all of harness and removed / Removed front bumper and outer fenders. I had to heat some of the bolts just so I wouldn't break them. Thats about it since it's been very HOT where I live...

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Originally posted by Bblock View Post
                            Hope you find the pink slip. Had my dog take a bag of small parts out of the garage one day. Fortunately found them in the yard after looking everywhere.
                            On a daily basis my dog eats something other that his dog food!
                            Yesterday the wind was blowing the opposite way (back in the garage) and I was looking... By some chance it would come back home (I'm so Stupid)

Comment

I got the rest of the front end off the 54 and rolled it outside for a bath...
                              I pressure washed the inside and out and then grandpa did a final hose off

While the 54 was drying... I felt obligated to clean the garage... So I cleaned. Then pushed it back inside. And placed a call to my friend that tig welds for a living. To see about welding in motor/trans mounts and repairing the floor board. I should get that going in a few weeks ( I hope).

Comment

Working...
                              X