No announcement yet.

I coulda had a v8...........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah with that carb it did struggle a bit even with skinny tire pegleg action......Hopefully a couple weeks I'll have a new carb on the way and put a new cam/lifters in too......

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

And then the next phase is changing out the rearend for a nine inch posi and adding dumps to the exhaust for drag racing.........this could all change if Terina and I split up though
    Eastern Washington desert rat......The dry side of the state

Comment

Got new parts ordered and bought a 600 edelbrock carb along with the performer rpm cam and eddy intake it oughtta run pretty good......will post when done with upgrades

Comment

Otta help!

Comment

New parts are cool!
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Upgrades are made......Edelbrock dual plane intake, eddy 600 carb, eddy 7177 cam/lifter set, and double roller chain..............

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Hope to fire it up tomorrow and break in the cam......

Comment

Good luck with the break in on the cam! Those parts should wake it up some!!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Nice parts!!!
                "You're only as old as the women you feel."
                -Groucho Marx
                Moparless for now

Comment

Originally posted by ronnysplymouth View Post
                  Upgrades are made......Edelbrock dual plane intake, eddy 600 carb, eddy 7177 cam/lifter set, and double roller chain..............

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Hope to fire it up tomorrow and break in the cam......
                  Hope mine looks that dangerous when it's finally done!
                  Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                  "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                  I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
                    Good luck with the break in on the cam! Those parts should wake it up some!!
                    The parts will help. Getting it running on more than 7 cylinders will help too.
                    Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Originally posted by Wedge View Post
                      The parts will help. Getting it running on more than 7 cylinders will help too.
                      HAHA ...No shit

Comment

cam

What cam did ya finally go with and from who? I don't wanna have ya out do me! :ROFLMAO:
                        Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                        "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                        I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

CAMSHAFT: Performer RPM Hydraulic
                          CATALOG #7177
                          ENGINE: Chrysler 340-360 c.i.d. V8
                          RPM RANGE: 1500-6500
                          Use stock ratio rocker arms only.
                          Duration at .006" Lift: Intake 308 Exhaust 318
                          Duration at .050" Lift: Intake 234 Exhaust 244
                          Lift at cam: Intake .325" Exhaust .340"
                          Lift at valve: Intake .488" Exhaust .510"
                          Timing at .050 Lift:
                          Open Close
                          Intake 10 BTDC 44 ABDC
                          Exhaust 59 BBDC 5 ATDC
                          Intake Centerline: 107 Lobe Separation: 112

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

I wouldn't use this cam in a 4x4

Comment

I took it for a drive tonight and it ran good but the lifters are still rattling albeit not as bad. I guess its time for the roller rockers I have stashed away but need pushrods first. I've been fighting a leak but eventually found a crack in the intake but JB weld is holding at least for now. Must have some steep gears cuz the rpm's seemed kinda high but without a tach its hard to say.

Comment

You likely need new pushrods and stamped rockers because of wear or adjustable rockers and corresponding Pushrods.
                              Comp cams 7692-16

or Mancini brand MRE69691-16
                              Mancini Racing Enterpises

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

I'm wondering if the cam is cut on a slightly smaller base circle which would make up for the usually head cutting?? this would make wear in the pushrods and rockers much more relevant??
                              But my gut tells me you ended up putting the pushrods with most wear paired with rockers with most wear! New set is cheap?
                              Hyd. 318 - 340 - 360

Hyd. 318 - 340 - 360
                              OEM style replacement hydraulc pushrods

Set of 16
                              $39.95
                              MRE102

Comment

What's the idle like? The cam sounds very similar to a .480 lift that a buddy stuck into that 72 Demon 318 I've mentioned in the past. It runs 102 in the 1/4 using a stock converter. It's flat dead off the line but screams from 3000 to 6200. We stuck Mopar Performance stamped rockers, lifters and MP push rods in it and no have no problems running.

Comment

Working...
                                X