I coulda had a v8...........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I coulda had a v8...........

I've had this little D50 for a few years and been wanting to do this.......its a 318/904 completely stock but have cam/lifters, roller rockers, and eddy intake ready to go on but wanna get things associated with the swap sorted out first......so far this thing fits perfect except a little long.......I still have to pull it out and purty it up but mounts are built and its bolted in as of now.......

Eastern Washington desert rat......The dry side of the state

Cool! That should be a lot of fun when it's finished.
    The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
    ~Ted Nugent

Comment

That will be a blast to drive!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Well that could be fun!

Comment

A buddy of mine did that with a Mitsu (same truck different nameplate) a few years ago. He's since moved to Missouri, but as I recall it was a screamer with the teen in it.
          "You're only as old as the women you feel."
          -Groucho Marx
          Moparless for now

Comment

Saw one at a car show this summer. It was a show stopper.
            Also saw one advertised on kijiji this spring.
            At a local scrap yard there is a complete D50 sitting there with a real nice body. It's the extra cab. I've been afraid to go look at it for fear I might buy it, to do the same thing you are.
            Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

too much fun

That's looking like you're gonna have way too much fun with it! What ya gonna do to add weight in the rear?
              Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
              "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
              I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

That'll be cool when it's back up on the road.
                '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Cool! How much does it weigh? Should be easy to get into the low teens or better....

Comment

Originally posted by hemisatellite View Post
                    That's looking like you're gonna have way too much fun with it! What ya gonna do to add weight in the rear?
                    Just take it one step at a time..........

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
                    Cool! How much does it weigh? Should be easy to get into the low teens or better....
                    No idea but this may just get dragged to the strip next year which I've never done......been roundy racing but not straight line

Comment

bumper

Originally posted by ronnysplymouth View Post
                      Just take it one step at a time..........

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

No idea but this may just get dragged to the strip next year which I've never done......been roundy racing but not straight line
                      Put a 2"x3"x1/4" rear bumper on it, add fill and drain plugs to add or remove lead shot from it, weight? no longer a problem! Might need wheelie bars tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
                        I would think if Ronny gets it to hook and with a good gear it should run in the 12s. Seeing how he has a better cam, intake and headers. Runnig a 904 vs a 727 is also worth some ET right there. At any rate it will be fun!! At the least low teens as you said Cranky.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Wiki says it weighs between 2500-3000 lbs.

Comment

Low teens should be easy if it's just under 3000 and if you can gain some compression, high 12's will be easy. As for adding weight, I like to add it just ahead of the rear axle. It'll pitch rotate faster off the line than it will if you add the same weight to the very tail. I good spot is a weight box just behind the cab.....

Comment

D 50

My bro in law called tonite telling he's gonna do an 86 D 50 kinda like you. Supposedly has a 318 that is all edelbrock from the heads up to go in it. He's thinking of joining style ro get tips and thoughts about this project from you and the rest of the members. He's questioning how really "streetable" it may be.

Comment

Working...
                              X