1 of 1 69 RR resto

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 of 1 69 RR resto

I thought I would post my buddies project on here with his permission of course. my friend John bought this 69 RR about 3 yrs ago with the intension of restoring it but after getting the car home he soon realized that he was in way over his head. The car came from an outfit called the Texas Toy Box and was a lot worse than what the photos showed and the conversations with the guy. This outfit started work on the car and were doing an absolute shit job, I was floored with the piss poor work. A kid in high school would have been doing far superior work than this. Now John works in a office and has never worked on a car let alone doing a full blown resto but this is his dream car so he bought it. He had a shop built - 18 x 20 and got the car in and in the two years all he managed to get done was remove the windows, seats, dash and wiring and was just getting ready to get rid of the car when I offered to help him as much as I could to fulfill his dream. Now John is a very church going fella and believes the man upstairs sent me to his rescue and I'm ok with that. The car is a 69 RR 383 4spd, TX9 black on black, axle package and according to Galen Govier it is a 1 of 1. the first day I went over we stripped the car down - doors, fenders, hood, deck lid, bumpers, motor, tranny, K member and front suspension, drive shaft, rear end and leaf springs. The next visit I did not have much time but we got the car on the rotisserie. The next I brought my sand blaster some lumber and poly and we set up a booth for media blasting. I then brought over two 55 gal drums of aluminum oxide and got John going. it has been taking a few months so we started doing the floor pans and now he is almost done blasting and will say he has been doing an excellent job. We took out the floor and trunk pans out that the idiots had put in so John could blast the rails out.

v

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

We have the new floor pans front and rear fitted in and just waiting for John to finish blasting so we can weld everything in. I had to fab up some parts for the torsion bar cross member.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

A few pics of the booth.

Comment

John has a new roof skin and new full 1/4s from AMD that will be going on as well. Here are a few pics of the shat we are dealing with.

v

Comment

Nice set up, at first I thought you had this in a shop some where, good job on the garage set up. Looking forward to seeing the progress!

Comment

Very nice of you to help your friend out with his Runner. Good luck to both of you on this build!
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Nice work and nice shop too. With the nice work on the floor pans I know the rest of the car will be just as nice and look fantastic!
            stercus accidit

Comment

Cool! And a coupe too! And yeah, I've heard a few stories about that place. They are located in Austin....

Comment

Nice gedder done!

Comment

Working...
                X