My Father's Legacy, a Tribute Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Father's Legacy, a Tribute Build

This is a project that actually started in 2002. This 63 Sport Fury was parked back in 73 after my Aunt Donna was tragically killed in a bad accident, she bought the car new in 1963. So it sat for 30 years untouched until my Dad decided it was time to restore his sister's car. My Grandfather and Grandmother had pretty much made it a "hands Off" item. So here's a shot of us backing it out of the barn/garage back in 2002 just after my Grandmother pasted away. It was filled with rodent crap and acorns and the motor was froze. I just wish I would have had more pictures of it in this condition.

This next shot was taken some time in the same year (I think) and my Dad had it ready for Paint. The pic says 98, but I'm sure it was sometime in 2002,,camera must had been screwed up.

And, here's a shot of my Dad in June of 2004, The 361 had been rebuilt and was now running and it had just come out from the Paint shop. Sadly my Dad had also come out of Exploritory surgery just to find out that he was not only battling colon Cancer, but had grave complications to the newly discovered Pancreatic Cancer.

More to follow...

Thanks for sharing.
    1975 Charger SE E68 323
    1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
    1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
    1979 Magnum XE 360-4

Comment

That is cool.
      Shawn
      72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
      89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

That's a nice car. Sorry about your dad's health problems.

Comment

So is the restore going to on going??? more pictures would be nice! :-)

Comment

very kool
            Who's your daddy ?

Comment

Nice project, hope it continues. Would love to see more pics.
              stercus accidit

Comment

Thanks...and more pics!!!!
                "You're only as old as the women you feel."
                -Groucho Marx
                Moparless for now

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Great story, hope the rebuild continues.
                  The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Sweet car, it'll be all worth it in the end, but sorry to hear the health battles.
                    2008 Black Jeep Liberty 4x4
                    Far from stock

Comment

Beautiful Car, Enjoy every moment behind the wheel that you can.
                      Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

So I think I left off with myself heading up to No Calif. to help my Dad put the chrome back on the Fury. My youngest daughter was up there as well and she took up the job as Chief Chrome Polisher. It was pretty obvious that my Dad would not be helping me due to his health issues. One day he did make it over to the shop to check on the progress and to give me some pointers,,,little did we know. That Hot July day was the last time he'd see the car,,,he passed away August 24th 2004.
                        Days later my Uncle said to me "Donna's Car (the 63 Sport Fury) is now in your hands"

My Daughter Cassie and I working on the Car. Someday it will be her car.

The shop were she came back to life.

Her first Cruise to a burger joint in over 30 years.
                        Over the next year and a 1/2 we took a few trips up north to take time and cleaning her up, had the tranny repaired. Then we took that long drive south to Mexico,,,that's when the engine problems started... More to follow...

Comment

Originally posted by SliMs63FuRy View Post
                          So I think I left off with myself heading up to No Calif. to help my Dad put the chrome back on the Fury. My youngest daughter was up there as well and she took up the job as Chief Chrome Polisher. It was pretty obvious that my Dad would not be helping me due to his health issues. One day he did make it over to the shop to check on the progress and to give me some pointers,,,little did we know. That Hot July day was the last time he'd see the car,,,he passed away August 24th 2004.
                          Days later my Uncle said to me "Donna's Car (the 63 Sport Fury) is now in your hands"

My Daughter Cassie and I working on the Car. Someday it will be her car.

The shop were she came back to life.

Her first Cruise to a burger joint in over 30 years.
                          Over the next year and a 1/2 we took a few trips up north to take time and cleaning her up, had the tranny repaired. Then we took that long drive south to Mexico,,,that's when the engine problems started... More to follow...
                          more to follow you . whe'll all catch up around San Antin or budd of mine shooting me auott near there.|
                          Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                          "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                          I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Originally posted by hemisatellite View Post
                            more to follow you . whe'll all catch up around San Antin or budd of mine shooting me auott near there.|
                            San Antonio?? If so then that means ya better bring a towel to wipe your face after eating some Ribs. That would be an awesome trip Hemi

Comment

Working...
                            X