Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Roll Cage went thru the dash, Was a bit of a pain after but it is clean

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

With Swing outs so my son can get in.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

On trailer

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

I hope to have it out this year with-OUT the procharger. I need to sort the chassis out, try and tuning an engine with a computer versus a screwdriver Yikes and get some seat time in.

I will likely be in Ohio at the Chrysler Nationals this fall 2011

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Thanks, Still in process. I decided to switch to a cog setup instead of the 12 rib serpentine. SO I need an upper pulley and an idler for a cog belt. But thats OK I have about a year before I need to finish it and tear the engine down for the lower compression slugs.[/QUOT

I talked to a freind of mine in ohio today that worked at a plastics plant in ohio. he used to get me grafite or bronze impregnated teflon that i made all my suspension bushings out of, he said he can still get me materials. let me know what size we need for these k-frame bushings, I'll get some oversize material and lathe them down to the size needed. Fair nuff deal?
    Hell< I'm not gonna even worry about postage/shipping, I'm getting old and just wanna help out the young guys coming in to replace me and many others, they same way the old guys did for me.

PS i might be old, BUT, in the last 5 years, I nailed down at least a dozen RT'S at .010 or less in a hand brake car.
    Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
    "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
    I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
      What gear are you running and what size rear tire?
      4.10's and a 31 inch tire.

The 500 inch engine has a small (tiny) roller cam and the power will likely be all done by 5500 rpm

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Originally posted by hemisatellite View Post
      AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

I talked to a friend of mine in ohio today that worked at a plastics plant in ohio. he used to get me grafite or bronze impregnated teflon that i made all my suspension bushings out of, he said he can still get me materials. let me know what size we need for these k-frame bushings, I'll get some oversize material and lathe them down to the size needed. Fair nuff deal?
      Hell< I'm not gonna even worry about postage/shipping, I'm getting old and just wanna help out the young guys coming in to replace me and many others, they same way the old guys did for me.

PS i might be old, BUT, in the last 5 years, I nailed down at least a dozen RT'S at .010 or less in a hand brake car.
      That is very kind of you. Thank you

I hope I can get my RT anywhere near that

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Mock up with Tubing in.

The air comes in from the back of the procharger,.. is compressed and sent thru a tube that goes out the drivers inner fender, along the outside of that inner fender, into the inner cooler and back to the throttle body.

Mock up done now so that I can paint it and hopefully not have any addition mods required

Preping for paint...

Modified shock tower to fit lower engine, Some trimming for the tubing too.

Transmission pinch weld cut off. Firewall filled in

Last edited by kamkuda; 01-01-2011, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Very cool....
        Eastern Washington desert rat......The dry side of the state

Comment

This si where it is sitting Jan 2011. Working thru the bugs, leaking oil(s) EFI tuning. Trtying to get the full throttle opening etc etc etc

Comment

Very very Nice, what a great build!!
            Hope to see it in a Mopar Mag. soon?

Comment

Looks great! I like the way you ran your brake lines, looks clean.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Looks very nice and clean!
                Shawn
                72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
                89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

I like it!
                  "You're only as old as the women you feel."
                  -Groucho Marx
                  Moparless for now

Comment

I like your commitment, funny how things can get out of control! The procharger and injection are real stealth, got any more results and photos?
                    It pays not to take something apart too many times, eventually you"ll have nothin' left.

Comment

Looks really good , love that pro charger intercooler set up.

Comment

Super nice job on the engine compartment! What colour paint did you use?

Comment

Nice work!
                          The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Such a long time since I have been on the forum Recieved an email from BK so I stumbled over an give an update on this old build. I have had a lot of tuning issues and some street time I got it to the track to see how it ran and attached is a video of the run.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqMd...nel=RobKamstra

Comment

How she looks today

Click image for larger version

Name:	rr-cayuga1-sm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	261428 https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=robkamstra

Comment

Kewl

Got an interior and under hood pic?
                                Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
                                Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
                                Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Working...
                                X