68 Road Ruiner Street Strip Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68 Road Ruiner Street Strip Build

I went with a good Mopar buddy to Norwalk Ohio, to the Chrysler Classic event. It was a bad idea...

I was hooked and had to build a car to drag myself.

Here is what is being built.

1968 Road Runner shell found locally. A solid arizona body as decent shells are near impossible to find here in Canada.

1968 Road Ruiner

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Stripped down to metal and some body work.

I was planning on just painting it (silver) throw a spare 440 in it and off we go.

KooL! I like the 'Ruiner' title too.

Comment

Cool!! I kinda got a thing for them Runners!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Thank you
          things kinda changed mid process. The 440 idea became a procharged wedge engine. I then need a better block. I picked up a crate 500 inch with Eddy heads, mainly for the better block.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Better Intercool it while we are at it

Comment

Very Nice Post. I appreciate this 68 Road Ruiner street strip world Post. It's really a snap of 68 Road Ruiner street strip world. Great Post.

Comment

willsmorke, one more post like that and youre history....
              Who's your daddy ?

Comment

A bit of a modified Kframe

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Did not save very much weight but easy acces to the pan

Comment

Nice build. Where in Canada are you haling from?

Comment

Cool Project! :-)

Comment

Thanks, I am from Ontario. East of Toronto.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

A change in directions and we decided to put the procharger on the drivers side.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

So here it is mocked up with the inner cooler, Engine in on the plate, down and back an inch or 2 with the tubing in place.

Comment

Kam, looks great!! looks like the mount bracket could withstand Klingons even. I'd like to know when and where it comes out so I can be there!
                        Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                        "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                        I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

that is one hell of a mounting bracket. Nice!

Comment

The Dana together

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Mini Tubbed

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Roll Cage went thru the dash, Was a bit of a pain after but it is clean

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

With Swing outs so my son can get in.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

On trailer

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Originally posted by hemisatellite View Post
                            Kam, looks great!! looks like the mount bracket could withstand Klingons even. I'd like to know when and where it comes out so I can be there!
                            I hope to have it out this year with-OUT the procharger. I need to sort the chassis out, try and tuning an engine with a computer versus a screwdriver Yikes and get some seat time in.

I will likely be in Ohio at the Chrysler Nationals this fall 2011

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
                            that is one hell of a mounting bracket. Nice!
                            Thanks, Still in process. I decided to switch to a cog setup instead of the 12 rib serpentine. SO I need an upper pulley and an idler for a cog belt. But thats OK I have about a year before I need to finish it and tear the engine down for the lower compression slugs.
                            Last edited by kamkuda; 12-31-2010, 09:32 AM.

Comment

What gear are you running and what size rear tire?

Comment

Working...
                              X