No announcement yet.

79 Dodge Magnum rebuild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about that one. Not quite sure how to answer it. Soooooo lets say the bumper is going to be very shiny like chrome but the process is done black in color.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Done for the night. This is the car just as I got it from the soda blast. Some work was started just behind the t-top on the passenger side but other than that this is how it came back. The person that owned the car before me didn't miss hitting any part of the car. The rear quarter passenger side , both doors , both front fenders , and some deck lid issues. Overall not too bad except quarter panel - It should be replaced but just don't have the funds. I will need to fix the problem with a little filler. More pics later

Comment

You need to bottle that motivation....you would get rich
      Eastern Washington desert rat......The dry side of the state

Comment

motivation is the easy part it is telling my back to get started that makes it hard. If my back could cash the checks I am writing I would have put primer on the car last night!!!!

Comment

New photos of the car after soda blast. Note holes in doors showing someone at one point drilled holes to pull out the door. I will now need to pull the doors off and fill the holes in with metal. Deck lid has some minor damage but with a little metal that can be fixed as well. The front bumper shocks came out great. I will not need to buy new ones. I will just need to send the rear ones over to be blasted. That was a bonus.

Comment

Primed , remove doors for later fix , replaced the metal in the lower half of the drivers side rear qtr panel. I am loving the results. The car is cleaning up nicely !! I do need help finding valve covers and a air cleaner that can be sanded and painted. I will not be able to use chrome or aluminum. I have the stock valve covers but they have a bracket they would need to be cut off and made to look pretty. I would like to have one that does need the work. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Looking pretty good!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Replaced the metal in the rear qtr panel and added filler and primer to rest of the car. Still need to work on other side but need to give the filler some time to harden. I am hoping to finish the rest of the filler work over the weekend and start my first blocking. Added metal to the deck lid but did not clean it up yet. Starting to get cold which means materials will take a lot longer to harden and will delay my process so I am hoping to get as much done as possible over the weekend

Last edited by magnumfan; 11-05-2010, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Looking great!
                  Shawn
                  72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
                  89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

Thank you - I am loving this project !!

Comment

Looks like your doing some nice work.
                      The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Thank you - the car has been easy to work with. For the most part straight, I think I will only need to block this car 4 or 5 times. I will no more after this weekend. On a side note if you own an 1980 Aspen RT you have a rare model. I think production on that car in 1980 was around 1k. Have you ever check the Chrysler registry?

Comment

Magnumfan, I'm hoping to get to check out a h/l motor for you, and the "bar" for it. What else where you needing?

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

I will send you a picture of the fan control as I am in need of one of those. I am looking for interior pieces but if I can't find any I will wrap what I have. I need valve covers and an air-cleaner that can be painted. I think at this time that is all the hard to find parts I will need. If you know where I can get any of the above I would be very happy camper.

Comment

Great Weekend - I was able to block out the car and play with a little paint for the oil pan. The 2nd - 3rd and 4th block should come around this week. Replace floor board in the morning and look at putting down some red primer by next weekend. The deck lid image is from where I needed to add metal . Came out good.

Comment

Looking good.
                                Shawn
                                72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
                                89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

Working...
                                X