No announcement yet.

79 Dodge Magnum rebuild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the great comments - I have been pulled out to Salt Lake so I am done for a couple more days however - I was able to get the final sand in. When I get back I am hoping L&S can put some paint on it over the weekend. I am super excited about seeing color on the car. Need to find the valve covers for the motor and other than that most of the parts are in, Tranny has been rebuilt, motor is 80% percent built and suspension is 90% done. Little tweaks and this project will be wrapped up. I won't make the Syracuse Nationals this year but lets hope for the Turkey Run in Daytona !!!!

Comment

• there is a stuff called hush mat look at local big stores its a killer soulnd deadining stuff

Comment

• Don't sweat it. I painted my wifes GMC for first project too. Still working up to doing my Mopars. I don't want perfection but I do want it to be something I did and can be proud of. Keep up the good work.:clapping:
        Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

• Well Folks it has been a while. Work has taken over for the most part and I have not been able to get to the car as much as I would like. I left off with the car getting its final sand so I could send it to the painters. I gave my truck a shot and after sanding down the truck twice and renting a booth my friend said he would just shoot the car for a few hundred so today was tape off with the hopes to see paint by tomorrow.

If all goes well - -- Paint in the morning !!!

Comment

• Starting to shape up. Good luck with the paint.

Comment

• Looking foward to see your car in paint!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

• Being painted as I write this. I am Not allowed in the booth while the master is working - HA HA HA. He is all wrapped up head to toe with some kind of suit. He also has duct tape around the outside of that - I was told the car is too big to reach the the top of the car easily so he needed to put duct tape around the suit so that it would not rub up againts the car. Funny stuff but makes sense. He has these covers for his shoes that helps with keeping the dust and dirt off the booth floor from being moved around. I just would have just went into the booth with shorts , t-shirt and a pair of sneakers. No wonder I have issues when I paint. HA HA HA..

Comment

• Car is painted !!! It looks awesome. A few blemishes but nothing that cant go away with a little clear. The car will need to sit a few days and I will keep looking at it to see if I missed anything. But if I didn't say it earlier the car looks awesome !!!!

Comment

• Its nice to see these late b's getting the attention they deserve!
                    1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
                    2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

• Aaaahhh!!

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

• Dude!

Comment

• fantastic

looks GREAT keep the pics coming, oh yeah, do ya maybe need a motor built for it that would require a hole in the hood?
                          Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                          "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                          I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

• Damn!! Thats nice!
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

• Congrats on getting it back in paint. It is looking good.
                              The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
                              Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Thanks everyone for the great comments - The project has been going on for a long time and I know I have a lot to still do but to finally have paint on the body of the car is a huge start forward. I think however that we will keep the motor under the hood and not through it. My days with 9 sec cars are over -too much time and money,,,

Comment

Working...
                                X